Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    That sounds like me while I was on it, especially last week on Wed. night. I'm not sure if mine was blood sugar too low, electrolytes too low from drinking too much water, sodium levels, calories too low, etc. but it wasn't a good feeling. I went to pee and got light headed and fell into the wall. I had a glass of OJ and one of my kid's cliff bars and started to feel a little better about 30m later. Finally dozed off shortly after.
    I think I did like you, just went in too hard core. Need to get some test strips and work on finding my sweet spot.

Comment

Also fella's remember, at least for me, you don't have to take in a massive deficit to lose weight. I actually eat at a surplus. Daily intake is 3200-3500 are my goals. Plus, with deer season coming, everyone is out working on getting set up for the big day. This work will require extra hydration and extra nutrition. Drink plenty of Power Aide Zero and eat big.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        Most coconut water has sugar added and some, have a good amount. That would explain for the shifting of fluids making you puffy. Plus, it sounds like you were seriously dehydrated
        It was actually a Bai coconut water which claims to have 5 calories and sweetened with stevia. Other than keto coffee I had fasted up until the hunting session. It was all very strange. Everything I did should have dehydrated me - or maybe I did get dehydrated and my body had an extreme response to it when I took fluids again.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Who all has massive water weight fluctuations? I can be up or down 5lbs from one day to the next or even just from the start of a run to the end.
          I was really disappointed at my 3 week weigh-in then later in the week, I was down 4.5lbs. This weekend, I spent time in some terrible heat (box blind) and had to have sweated out way more than I took in. On the way home I downed a coconut water and about 64oz of plain water but still didn't need to pee until late that night.
          Sunday morning I expected a big loss but I woke up to sausage fingers and puffy feet too.
          ...I am working a lot around the house building a patio , cobblestones and I gain about 3-4 lbs from all the fluids from trying to stay hydrated but usually by Wednesday or Thursday I am down again. But easily can fluctuate 3-4 lbs in a single day..

Comment

Dinner...
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, Kroger had t bones on sale so it was steak, broccoli and some green olives on the side. I can always tell when my sodium is low, I pop olives like skittles.

Comment

I am wanting to start IF to see if I can lose this last 10-15lbs, my problem is that i have to work out at 530am and really like to eat something small right before i go to the gym. any suggestions on how to work around this? other than just not eating or is that the best answer?

Comment

I'm only down about 20 lbs in like 6 weeks buuut my clothes are fitting much better and can tell in the mirror I'm definitely loosing fat

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I am wanting to start IF to see if I can lose this last 10-15lbs, my problem is that i have to work out at 530am and really like to eat something small right before i go to the gym. any suggestions on how to work around this? other than just not eating or is that the best answer?
                    Maybe try doing the fast at the end of your day instead of the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                      Maybe try doing the fast at the end of your day instead of the beginning.

i thought about that but not eating after 1pm would be pretty tough, being able to sleep through most of it makes it pretty easy. i guess i would like to know if anyone has used anything other than the 16/8 with success? just seems like everything i have read uses a 16/8.

Comment

Yea, that would suck

Comment

Is anyone on a Keto diet to maintain their current weight?

Comment

I will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BillF_2017 View Post
                              Is anyone on a Keto diet to maintain their current weight?
                              I am staying at around 185-187 since my workouts have diminished due to lower back issues...

Comment

I have got a question. I have been on the Keto diet for about 2 weeks and have stalled out. I put in work out routines, walking nearly 10K steps, and have been consuming 1200-1500 calories a day. I lost about 10 pounds in the first week of being on the diet and I think I am in Ketosis. I have more energy, I do not get the sugar rushes and dips in energy any more. I fell as though I am sleeping better at night as well.

What is the deal? 285-175 and that is where I have been for the past 4 or so days continuing my diet and exercise. one caveat to this is I have been taking pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's, and a protein shake after my work outs. All three of those things add up to about 6-8 grams of carbs. Could I just be retaining water from the creatine or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X