No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here had those Quest pizza's? The pepperoni is pretty good but not very filling. Any other good ones out there or do y'all make your own?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      Has anyone here had those Quest pizza's? The pepperoni is pretty good but not very filling. Any other good ones out there or do y'all make your own?

Not a fan. I wait for a cheat day to have pizza. Even the cauliflower crusts have more carbs than I like so it just seems like a waste to me.

We did find some egg and cauliflower tortilla substitutes at Costco this weekend that are outstanding for tacos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I are not strictly on the Keto, but low carb eating. We are both diabetics and have lost 15 lbs each. Her A1C has dropped 1.5 points, and we feel great. I ate a cheese burger and fries a few days ago and it made me sick. Think I'll keep with the low carb diet especially at supper. I usually burn carbs off at work easily rather than the evening sitting in the recliner.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

My cardiologist told me to stay away from the Keto, he said nobody should use as it everything bad for your heart, lungs, veins, and artery's. So I have just stuck to a more balanced low carb, low cal, lean meat high protein diet. I was on track to below 300 right now. I lost around 40lbs and got lazy with the diet, but I have maintained the weight I have lost. Which is equally as important as it seems most folks, lose and then are unable to maintain the new weight.

My biggest thing is I dont want a diet that requires me to buy or search for special foods. I wanted to keep everything simple with my diet.
          Last edited by MattPopp; 06-19-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

The complete opposite of low carb. I worked night shift extra job last night. About two hours ago, while watching Netflix, I had a bowl of brown rice and kidney beans with a jalapeno, snacked on one banana, one apple, an orange, and a grapefruit. Splurged with a cup of pistachios. Earlier in the night I tore down on a baked sweet potato. Now I'm home and here's my breakfast before I hit the bed. When I was on low carb and Metformin, my glucose was never under 200 when waking up, usually 215 to 225, and rarely under 160, ever. Now, waking up without Metformin and no breakfast, my readings are usually around 84 to 88. I'll try to eat about 400 to 500 grams of carbs through the day, that's clean natural carbs though, not refined or processed, like breads and pastas, chips, cookies, etc. Fruits were a no-no for type 2, so it was said. I dove right in to the high carbs and was mowing through fruit the first day, hoping I didn't fall out. Numbers started coming down about day three into it. It just got better every day. Basically cleaning out the fat stored in places it's not supposed to be. Once that took place, my insulin resistance severely decreased. My numbers are low and consistent and I'm loaded with energy.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
            Last edited by BowPro73; 06-19-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Has anyone made the Fatheads bread recipe and if so, how was it?

Comment

I've used it for pizza dough and really liked it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s great for pizza dough as mentioned above, but it is also good as a chip alternative. Just cook it longer until it crisps up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                    I've used it for pizza dough and really liked it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    It’s great for pizza dough as mentioned above, but it is also good as a chip alternative. Just cook it longer until it crisps up.

Thanks for the responses. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      I was at a 20 year low after my Sept elk trip and have been slacking since. Been mostly keto since summer 2017 though. Finally feel like I have recommitted and had a good weekend without carbs. Wife got me this at the store this morning but I’m not craving it so may throw it in the freezer until I’m needing it.

I found this at H-E-B today, $8 loaf😳. Made some toast with butter. It’ll work. Will be trying BLT’s with it soon

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        I found this at H-E-B today, $8 loaf[emoji15]. Made some toast with butter. It’ll work. Will be trying BLT’s with it soon
                        It ..taste ..like bread?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          It ..taste ..like bread?
                          Very remotely. The taste is off to me and it has a spongy texture to it. I tried it as toast, no thanks. For making a sandwich it was fine. The rest of the ingredients hide the flavor of it to me.

Comment

****..bread is my vice

Comment

I am not a huge fan of any kind of diets, but friend of mine achieved some amazing results by doing a keto diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X