No announcement yet.

A ups rant..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To ups defense, I work for them and have done every position and see it from all angles. Number 1 your ups driver works his tail off. You wanta talk blood sweat and tears, no ac in those trucks most are manual transmission and date back to the 70s. The job is very intense. Our supervisors remind us daily of what wonderful piles of garbage we are while they get a nice bonus every year based on our (the drivers) performance. So for the guys who live way off the pavement or if your house is hard to find, if u have a delivery coming are you doing anything to help? Do u have a tote outside to put your packages in? Do u have any kind of marker marking your house even orange tape on a tree.. trust me I did pkg delivery for over 10 plus yrs. Your driver knows stuff to help them find the hard to get to places. Then maybe was your regular driver on vacation? We're human too and need time for a break for our own families and sanity. Like I said I see this from all angles... so if u have something on your porch and u want it picked up did u schedule a pick up, or was your driver doing you a favor by just picking it up? Did you write return to sender on it? How is ups supposed to determine where it belongs other than. The original shipping label? Not saying anybody is wrong or right, but there's many things that people just assume it's ups's fault or the drivers. Guys your Brown driver is one of the hardest working individuals you will ever come across. Personally I have in 20yrs. It's simple, but at the same time it's not. Drivers cannot read customers minds, and not every delivery driver is a seasoned driver who knows their customers on their routes personally. Strike up a conversation with your ups driver, we re usually very friendly and will go to any lengths to accommodate our customers. And bottles of water or a soda for some caffeine during the hot summer heat will save your driver's life at times. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

I've sold 10,000 T-Mate mounts many of them shipped and almost exclusively with the USPS and they have yet to fail to deliver...

Now quick, where's some wood to knock on.

Comment

Open it first....

Comment

Originally posted by dauphlp View Post
          It's also a federal offense

So don't post about it when you open it, but it would be dumb to throw a package away not knowing what's in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            To ups defense, I work for them and have done every position and see it from all angles. Number 1 your ups driver works his tail off. You wanta talk blood sweat and tears, no ac in those trucks most are manual transmission and date back to the 70s. The job is very intense. Our supervisors remind us daily of what wonderful piles of garbage we are while they get a nice bonus every year based on our (the drivers) performance. So for the guys who live way off the pavement or if your house is hard to find, if u have a delivery coming are you doing anything to help? Do u have a tote outside to put your packages in? Do u have any kind of marker marking your house even orange tape on a tree.. trust me I did pkg delivery for over 10 plus yrs. Your driver knows stuff to help them find the hard to get to places. Then maybe was your regular driver on vacation? We're human too and need time for a break for our own families and sanity. Like I said I see this from all angles... so if u have something on your porch and u want it picked up did u schedule a pick up, or was your driver doing you a favor by just picking it up? Did you write return to sender on it? How is ups supposed to determine where it belongs other than. The original shipping label? Not saying anybody is wrong or right, but there's many things that people just assume it's ups's fault or the drivers. Guys your Brown driver is one of the hardest working individuals you will ever come across. Personally I have in 20yrs. It's simple, but at the same time it's not. Drivers cannot read customers minds, and not every delivery driver is a seasoned driver who knows their customers on their routes personally. Strike up a conversation with your ups driver, we re usually very friendly and will go to any lengths to accommodate our customers. And bottles of water or a soda for some caffeine during the hot summer heat will save your driver's life at times. Hopefully that helps.
            While I appreciate my UPS delivery driver, he's a good guy and we bs when he comes by, but none of your post pertains to OPs situation.

Comment

Read my post again. It addresses packages being picked up and then coming right back to you.

Comment

Read my post again. It addresses packages being picked up and then coming right back to you.
                Read OPs post again. he said he explained it to the driver.

Comment

Maybe drop dead fred will post and provide more insight from a driver perspective.

Comment

The driver could of done his job, you never know.. when a pkg is picked up as a return or a reroute, we will pick them up scan them and have to turn them into the clerk in the building at the end of the day. If the driver forgot to clerk the pkg then it would be the fault of the driver, if the driver did clerk it for a reroute and it came back then it would be the clerks fault. The only way the destination on a package will change is going thru our clerks in our buildings to have a new shipping label processed for them. Otherwise it will come right back to you. The shipping label is the end destination for the package. We as drivers have no possible way to reprint and relabel where the packages go. That job is up to our clerks. There's too many moving elements to point a finger at any one person. I can tell you though the drivers take the brunt of all if it. I no longer drive package car do home business deliveries, I drive cross Country, Sleeper team. Hauling our truck containers from hub to hub. Everyone makes mistakes, just trying to help u guys get a better understanding as to what it takes for the drivers who make one single delivery, let alone 300 a day. Each pkg is important to us believe it or not

Comment

As rants go this is pretty weak sauce.

Comment

big deal...

Comment

I have a kick butt UPS driver on my route here in Corpus, FedEx is okay but that dude is NEVER busting tail like Roel the UPS guy. I have a standing order that when the UPS truck pulls up during the summer months somebody in the warehouse better grab one cold Gatorade and two cold bottles of water to hand off to that guy.

With that being said, the address label (if I'm following the OP) was for his address in another city, so maybe they should have just read the dang label?

For what it's worth some vendors still send packages to our old business address and our UPS guy catches them and gets them to me, he is worth his weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                            So don't post about it when you open it, but it would be dumb to throw a package away not knowing what's in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Considering that I've had gold and silver coins sent to me from dealers (very incognito packaging) there is NO WAY I'd throw it away without looking inside.

Comment

Working...
                            X