No announcement yet.

Hunting lease rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone has listed some good stuff. You can find basic rules on-line and customize them to your setting. Some things you don't realize you need to make rules, until you face an issue. Like "1. No pooping on the ground outside the trailer at night, you must use the outhouse across the street." That's something you would think would not need to be a rule, until you get up one morning to make coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      Yeah....if you tell him he sons can't hunt an he wants a printed list of rules I'd tell him the fit isn't right and find a new guy
      Best advice ever on TBH.

Comment

You need a written lease with the rules in it. It should stop the arguments (in theory).

Comment

We let people bring guest, they don't have to sit with the hunter but deer come off the hunters tags.. not a huge deal for us cause we have 12 members, it averages out to 1500 acres/member and we split counties.. one is a 1 buck county the other is 2 bucks.. would be different if we had 12 members and less land.. we don't have written rules but everyone has common sense.. never any problems.. I would say let this guy go..

Comment

I'm in the tweener camp. Think there should be some specific rules (e.g. x trophies or does "per lease holder") with non debatable consequences. Otherwise don't **** up as someone else stated. The fact that he's asking though is a smoke signal IMHO...

Comment

Agreed & written rules are usually a "good thing". Like fences with neighbors.

Comment

Man y'all have a ton of rules. I guess we're lucky, we've hunted the same place for 10 years with pretty much the same group of guys and never had a written rule. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Man, I would agree w/ the others. Not a good way to make a good impression...

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                    Already sounds like trouble, cut him loose now and avoid the headaches during season!

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Comment

He gone!

Comment

If he wants written rules to go by write some up and make him sign and give him a copy and tell him they ate etched in stone and if he doesn't like them he can get off immediately. Probably best thing to do is flush him down the toilet and get someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I just went through this on a new lease and I think you need to nail this part down. For us, college-aged kids (still under parent's wing) can hunt the lease accompanied by their parent. Any kid not fitting into that category would need to have their own spot.

If interested, I don't mind summarizing our rules in an email. Just let me know.
                          This !!!
                          Our rule is a kid up to the age 17 can hunt with their parent and use their deer allotment.

Comment

You should have a clear set of lease rules for all to follow if for no other reason than for liability issues.You could wind up getting sued for an injury to a guest on the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                              He gone!
                              Me in?

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                                He gone!
                                Probably better!

Comment

Working...
                                X