No announcement yet.

Someone had a bad day today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be curious what caused the fire. I remember the cruise control brake switch recall that was causeing truck fires and burned down a few houses when the trucks were in the garage. Had two neighbors with the problem. One in the driveway just lost truck other in garage and lost part of house.
    Last edited by mchildress; 03-11-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Annnnnnnnnnnnd that's why I'm so happy to have a Tundra! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

No chance of that Tundra burning. That gas tank on em has such a vaccum inside of it sucks all the oxygen out 20 feet around it. [emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          No chance of that Tundra burning. That gas tank on em has such a vaccum inside of it sucks all the oxygen out 20 feet around it. [emoji13]

Must be why it gets to empty so fast!!![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

This may be the source of the problem?

Ford Motor Co. issued a recall Wednesday for 9,300 vehicles that are at risk of catching fire due to leakage of fuel. The company said that it is not aware of any fires, accidents or injuries related to the problem.

Approximately 8,000 2017 Ford Super Duty vehicles and 1,300 2016 Ford Taurus, 2016-17 Flex, 2017 Explorer and Police Interceptor Utility and 2016-17 Lincoln MKT vehicles with 3.5-liter GTDI engines have been recalled. While the company said it will inspect and install fuel tank strap reinforcement on the Super Duty vehicles, the other affected models will have their leaking turbocharger oil supply tubes replaced.

Comment

That truck was torched w/an accelerant. Been on a ton of car fires & I've only seen 1 burning like that, in that amount of time. It had a trunk full of gas cans full of gas.

Comment

Because they don't catch on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  This may be the source of the problem?

Ford Motor Co. issued a recall Wednesday for 9,300 vehicles that are at risk of catching fire due to leakage of fuel. The company said that it is not aware of any fires, accidents or injuries related to the problem.

Approximately 8,000 2017 Ford Super Duty vehicles and 1,300 2016 Ford Taurus, 2016-17 Flex, 2017 Explorer and Police Interceptor Utility and 2016-17 Lincoln MKT vehicles with 3.5-liter GTDI engines have been recalled. While the company said it will inspect and install fuel tank strap reinforcement on the Super Duty vehicles, the other affected models will have their leaking turbocharger oil supply tubes replaced.
                  Posted my last post at same time as this one. I believe this to be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    Because they don't catch on fire?

Obvious photoshop.

Comment

Ford's been wrestling with fire problems with their trucks since the mid 2000's

Car & Driver photographed a proto-type 2016 model, towing a trailer during secretive road testing - catching fire and burning in this same manner?

Read they use magnesium metals in some of the steering components - which creates a super hot burn that can't be extinguished with water.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        That's what I was thinking... no way I'd buy one for sure now... it looked like someone threw molten lava on it...
                        Best reasoning ever to not buy one!

That trucks gonna be totaled regardless of whats it made out of. You'd still be dead too if you stayed inside.

Comment

Must be why it gets to empty so fast!!![emoji23][emoji23]

Obviously I don't run Yota's but they are great trucks. [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                            Why, because any truck not aluminum is going to survive a fire like that? Doesn't matter if "the doors melted off" or not. Totaled is totaled.
                            Agreed

Comment

Rolled up on a gas tanker that had just passed me a few minutes earlier. Then wrecked out with a car. Car driver was discarded from car and laying in the off ramp road dead after both went over the side of the road. Driver of the gas truck was hanging up side down in the cab still in his seat near the over pass. Truck started exploding before I could get to him. The only thing left of the trailer and truck was the frame and wheels. Every thing else melted.

Glad the rides were able to get out of the P/U.
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Me and some friends pulled into a gas station years ago right as a guys engine compartment caught on fire. By the time we ran inside to grab a fire extinguisher the truck was engulfed like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X