No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are south of Hebbronville and had good rut activity all week. Good luck.

Comment

I will be heading down towards end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent the last week at our place by Catarina. Great activity and responding to horns real well. We just don't have very many 6-7 yr old deer. Tons of 1-3 yr olds and quite a few 4-5 yr. olds, but I think I might have seen 2 or 3 6+ yr old bucks all week. I understand the drought of '10 & '11 are the reason but I see others down south with older bucks and makes me question if I am doing something wrong in trying to find them.

Comment

Forgot to add mine. 190 2/8 Webb Co. Don’t tell the anti-HF guys
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Colton; 01-02-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

There we go

Comment

Been hunting this deer w bow. He is a new deer that just showed up on trail cam past summer. Don’t score didly but cool looking deer.
              Nice buck Colton, he is a goodun.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                Been hunting this deer w bow. He is a new deer that just showed up on trail cam past summer. Don’t score didly but cool looking deer.
                Nice buck Colton, he is a goodun.
                Nice buck, hope you get him. And thank you sir.

Comment

My dad got a nilgai yesterday afternoon, saw over 15 of them total. I guess they were all moving since we have had so much bad weather lately and yesterday was a good evening.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	24526100

Name:	IMG_5025.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	24526101

Comment

Congrats on the Nilgai. That is some good eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                      He scored 164 7/8. He was 9, weighed 243, and had his best antlers of his life. He was damaged in velvet at 7 and down a lot last year at 8.

It was my buddy’s year in the rotation and he started asking about “Curly” last year. I told him if he wanted to call a buck, he was a good one to watch. When the tc pics started coming in, he was ecstatic. We had our score guesses but all agreed that it didn’t matter what he scored, he would be an old beautiful buck to get with a bow.

We started looking for him in early September. He eluded us until last week, but he wasn’t at his historical home. We had already set up a new Krivo where we expected to see him. Luckily we had another Krivo and set it up that day with a ghillie cover and brush. Curly was broadside at 15 yards the next morning but was bumped by another buck as Chris drew his bow. Tuesday afternoon he never came within 80 yards. Wednesday morning, Chris double lunged him at 16 yards.

Not sure I saw this. Glad it worked out. Good job on brushing them in.

Comment

Great bucks guys... I was fortunate to end my bow season on a high note last weekend. Stuck a freak and an old nomad that came from 5 pastures over! This was the perfect send off for me as our first baby “boy” is about to be born at the end of the month and I am now on call, lol. Best of luck to all of you for the rest of the regular season and mld extended season!

5yr freak

Name:	IMG_6345.jpg
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24526269

7-8yr old 145” 10

Name:	IMG_6391.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24526270

Name:	IMG_6400.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24526271

Comment

Went out to the lease yesterday and filled all my feeders with corn. Got an old box blind torn down and I am ready to put in the new one next chance I get. Also fixed a feeder that I had found Lying around and got it setup throwing corn!! I made my bow blind that will be hunted out of a south/south east wind in the early season. It’s a natural brush blind and it is looking good. I am going to haul in brush whenever I go out to the lease during the off season to keep making it more realistic.

View from the blind: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5339.jpg
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	24530427

View from the feeder:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5336.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	24530428
                          Hard to tell but there’s a little gap for me to shoot through. Will only get better as I add more brush each trip to the lease!!

Comment

Working...
                          X