No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy has been all over the place on the prowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a deer we call Tatonka last night. First time since we stopped feeding protein in September. He is 7-1/2. Big bodied. Chasing the girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

What a body on that buck!

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post

You feed your animals too well!

Look at that hog in the background!

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post

Simple question..... Why in the world is that big black hog not taking a dirt nap?

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                  Simple question..... Why in the world is that big black hog not taking a dirt nap?

He died. Just waited till right at dark to take him. Bucks chasing does everwhere. Didn’t want to bust the does of the sendero

Comment

Well it was a decent season for me in Refugio county. Saw some decent deer including a great young 10 point in the 150s and a ton of of young 2/3 yr olds.

Here's the 10
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dang it, don't know why they came out side ways. Well anyway, we ended up taking a management 8 and a cull 7 on our last Saturday evening. Headed off to work now and won't be back till after season but I'll be checking in on here regularly to get me through. Here's our harvest for year. My son got the 7 with his bow and I got the 8 with my 257 wby.
                      Sorry for the primitive pics but it was raining and we just wanted to finish up and get indoors.

Good luck
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Muddy Bud; 12-18-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Any updates? I was down the week before Christmas and saw some chasing when it was cooler but he deer lost interest when it warmed up.

Didn’t know if they are still chasing or not. Looking to make one more trip next weekend.

Comment

There moving all day lots of bucks have gone missing ...with a doe I’m sure more than sure. I’m in Webb/Dimmit Area.

Comment

It's been slow for me near the Webb/Zapata County line. I will try to make the morning hunt tomorrow and see if my luck changes. I have several of my mature bucks missing, hopefully one of them will make a return tomorrow.

Comment

I'm between Hebbronville and Rio Grande City. Curious if / when y'all saw rut activity in South Texas? Thanks!

Comment

Our mature bucks are all on does. Having pretty good luck rattling. I am mainly rattling on sendero’s a and cactus flats. Small bucks at feeders and when ever a doe come close they all take out after her. One of our guys took an old Management buck last night. 7-1/2.

Comment

Working...
                                X