Deer Lease Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Lease Question

For the first time in as long as I can remember I no longer have a deer lease or any other place to hunt. I am unable (so far) to find a deer lease to I can afford. Have y'all found that it is increasingly harder to find a deer lease, or is it just me?

YES! It is harder for find a lease, I was fortunate enough that my gaybor (Swampranger) hooked me up!

Comment

Yes it is hard to find one most can afford, or if you do find one there is some crazy rules thrown in there

Best way to do it is by word of mouth, and knowing people

Last year I got on a lease that was owned by my uncles drinking buddy, this year I got a new one because my friend put my name on the list last year when he got on

Comment

yes it is more difficult to find a decent affordable lease.

Comment

I have found several I could afford, but the rules are so crazy that no one would be dumb enough to lease it.

Comment

I lost my long time lease to the oilfield in 2013. I got on a new lease in 2015. In two seasons, I have not killed a single deer there, so I am now fixing to be without a lease again. Unless you have unlimited funds, finding a decent lease has turned into a VERY hard thing to do.

Bisch

Comment

It's nearly impossible. Lease brokers are ruining things for the working guy. If you're not spending $2500 these days, you're getting garbage (there are few exceptions). It's sad to see it go this way but as long as people utilize brokers, we are just as much to blame. It's much more a matter of WHO you know nowadays rather than what you know.

Comment

Well I don't know anybody that has property. Guess I'm out of luck. I don't like the public hunting stuff because I also rifle hunt. Don't like the idea of getting shot by a moron.

Comment

What kind of crazy rules y'all talking about ?

Comment

I have found the same results and it appears based on the last five years of searching, I cannot afford Texas anymore. I have moved to other states where it is still within reason. No, I am not complaining, because that is what they cost and I cannot justify that cost. I had 25+ years of reasonable costs on excellent properties so at least I saw the good side during my lifetime. I only wish my kids got to see that as well. Good luck in your search

Comment

There are a lot of leases that are popping up. You just have to be willing to pay these increasing lease prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
                        I have found the same results and it appears based on the last five years of searching, I cannot afford Texas anymore. I have moved to other states where it is still within reason. No, I am not complaining, because that is what they cost and I cannot justify that cost. I had 25+ years of reasonable costs on excellent properties so at least I saw the good side during my lifetime. I only wish my kids got to see that as well. Good luck in your search
                        I understand. I wish my kids could as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                          There are a lot of leases that are popping up. You just have to be willing to pay these increasing lease prices.
                          Can you point me in the right direction? I don't need a huge place. I would be willing to pay the increased price but I just can't afford to.

Comment

It's just a matter of supply and demand. If I had land, I would lease it to the person willing to pay the highest price. Right now, there are those who are willing to pay more for the privilege to hunt on another's property than you are. Just the way it is. (BTW I hunt out of state)

Comment

Days of affordable deer leases in Texas are gone. Better pull out your wallets or plan on heading out of state if you want to hunt a decent place. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but most of us are going to be paying ridiculous amounts of money for the rest of our lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X