2017 F-250 who's bought one so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
    Only had them on for a couple of thousand miles but I like them. Got 75000 out of the toyo at's so that's gonna be hard to beat. I just wanted a little more aggressive tire on this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good deal, I've never ran toyos but I've heard good things about them

Comment

Anyone found an aftermarket air filter yet?

Comment

I've got a little over 20,000 miles on mine so far and love it. Just got it home (the black one) from getting an exhaust and tuned.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
          They dont care where you bought the truck, they just want your business. Warranty work from ford is warranty work from ford no matter where you go.
          X2

Although the Sales and Service departments may be under the same dealership umbrella, at most dealerships, they are pretty much operated separately and there's a fairly weak link between Sales staff and service staff. Perhaps this may not be the case at very small mom and pop dealerships.

As stated, warranty and recall work is great money for service departments. Customers don't complain and want problem fixed as the manufacturer is footing the bill; basically a win, win for both customer and Service deparment. Actually, it's standard practice for a Service department to run the VIN# of all vehicles in for Service, even if it's to do nothing more than check for recalls. Bottom line, most service departments want your business and couldn't care less about where you purchased the vehicle.

Comment

Mine is a gasser lariat, most I ever pull is about 10k. I couldn't justify the extra 8-10k for the diesel.
            My window sticker was a little over 57k I got it for 48, it took a week or do back and forth, but they finally caved. They also gave me 36 for my 15 gasser that had 45k miles, that was the really hard part of the deal. They started off only offering me 31 for it. They got kind of ****** when I wrote a check to cover the difference, I think they thought they could get a liitle back on the financing.

Stock 20s, averaging 13 in town 14-15 highway.
            Attached Files

Comment

And for the gas owners, there is a recall.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.digit...ay-recall/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by metalmangeorge View Post
                Mine is a gasser lariat, most I ever pull is about 10k. I couldn't justify the extra 8-10k for the diesel.
                My window sticker was a little over 57k I got it for 48, it took a week or do back and forth, but they finally caved. They also gave me 36 for my 15 gasser that had 45k miles, that was the really hard part of the deal. They started off only offering me 31 for it. They got kind of ****** when I wrote a check to cover the difference, I think they thought they could get a liitle back on the financing.

Stock 20s, averaging 13 in town 14-15 highway.
                No need to justify getting the 6.2, still a nicer vehicle than 90% of the other vehicles on the roads. The 6.2 is a great motor and way less problematic than a 6.7 with emissions. Not saying 6.7s are problematic as i feel ford really has these emissions systems down. Just most 6.7 issues are due to the emissions. Enjoy it, I still grin ear to ear when look out the window at my 250.

Comment

Dragged the wife to a dealership on sunday....of course they were closed. We were just gonna look but all of the dang trucks were unlocked and no security anywhere. Im talking some 80K platinums and KR's wide open.

Needless to say we got to sit in a bunch of trucks without salesmen hanging around.

I'm probably gonna have to settle for the XLT....but I even saw some XL's with the STX package that were pretty nice for a good price. The Lariats were too high to justify. I've rode in a 6.7 several times but need to test drive the gasser. I'll only be pulling a kubota tractor with implements on a 20' trailer from time to time. The trucks look awesome. My wife isn't a truck person but I had to dang near drag her out of one of the Lariats. I'm leaning towards the ingot silver or blue jeans color.

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                    I've got a little over 20,000 miles on mine so far and love it. Just got it home (the black one) from getting an exhaust and tuned.

What kind of tune? I have been reading that the tunes are not great for these trucks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Dragged the wife to a dealership on sunday....of course they were closed. We were just gonna look but all of the dang trucks were unlocked and no security anywhere. Im talking some 80K platinums and KR's wide open.

Needless to say we got to sit in a bunch of trucks without salesmen hanging around.

I'm probably gonna have to settle for the XLT....but I even saw some XL's with the STX package that were pretty nice for a good price. The Lariats were too high to justify. I've rode in a 6.7 several times but need to test drive the gasser. I'll only be pulling a kubota tractor with implements on a 20' trailer from time to time. The trucks look awesome. My wife isn't a truck person but I had to dang near drag her out of one of the Lariats. I'm leaning towards the ingot silver or blue jeans color.
                      I pull a 8,000# skid steer with a couple of attachments all the time with my gasser. Really can't tell its back there most of the time. IMO, unless your pulling 12k + on a regular basis the diesel is just over kill.

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                        No need to justify getting the 6.2, still a nicer vehicle than 90% of the other vehicles on the roads. The 6.2 is a great motor and way less problematic than a 6.7 with emissions. Not saying 6.7s are problematic as i feel ford really has these emissions systems down. Just most 6.7 issues are due to the emissions. Enjoy it, I still grin ear to ear when look out the window at my 250.
                        I had a 15 6.2 and drove it like I stole it, and never had an issue. I get crap from my friends all the time about not buying a diesel. But it was just a waste of money for my situation. Plus I don't need to compensate for any short comings.

Comment

Good to hear. I wont be driving it daily to work so my main trips will be 220 mile round trip on weekends.

Comment

For anyone considering the 6.2 gas who thinks or has heard it doesn't have enough power. Push the button on the shifter to put it in the "towing" mode. I promise you, you will not think this truck doesn't have enough power. When it's not in the "towing" mode the transmission just shifts at too low RPM's (to save gas) and that makes the truck sluggish as heck. The first thing I do on mine after cranking the engine is push that button.
                            It almost feels like I'm driving a Mustang. (Not that fast but fast).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              What kind of tune? I have been reading that the tunes are not great for these trucks yet.

We installed an ez-lynk and for now it's just running deleted with +30 hp. PPEI is still working on additional tunes for it, don't think they'll be released this month but it shouldn't be too terribly much longer. It's pretty cool though, once they're released it will download to my phone and then I just sync it with the ez-lynk and it installs in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

The 6.2 is a real beast of a truck. The XLT's are still really nice trucks, and nicer than many of the high end trim levels from just a few short years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X