No announcement yet.

Prayers for My Niece Katie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my wife last night on this, and she told me that based on her professional experience (orthopedic surgical nurse for over 30 years), Katie and the family made absolutely the best choice!!! By the time Katie gets ready for her Senior Prom, this will just be a distant memory! I pray that she will come through with flying colors and her recovery and rehab will be done without any complications.

God bless this girl and her family.

Comment

Any updates TxNurse?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Surgery went well. Here is the latest update from her Dad.

Quick update, surgery went very well, Dr Rosenthal met with us and he was very happy with the outcome. The pain that Katie had in her knee over the last couple of days was due to a fracture in her femur. Thankfully the fracture was right where the surgeon needed to cut the femur. They were able to remove the tumor with clear margins on the first pass. This is great news and the tumor was the type that had a lot of blood and that allows the chemo to have a better effect on the tumor. Katie is finished up in the OR and we are with her in Recovery.

Comment

Continued prayers for a very brave young girl. KCA!

Comment

Keep KCA and I am glad to hear the surgery went well. Continue prayers for a good recovery.

Comment

Katie has been exceeding expectations in every way, and is going home from the hospital today. This little girl was almost painfully shy before all of this started. Just look at her now. (Hope the link works.)

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                Katie has been exceeding expectations in every way, and is going home from the hospital today. This little girl was almost painfully shy before all of this started. Just look at her now. (Hope the link works.)

https://www.facebook.com/KatieKirkwo...2655927093336/
                Awesome!

Comment

Wow that is awesome!!! Thank God!!!

Comment

Praise God!!
                    Dang allergies actin' up again.

Comment

Wondering how Katie has been doing since she was sent home? Praying for a speedy recovery and she is pain free and on the road to a very long and healthy life!

Comment

Thank you for your continued interest and prayers. Here is the latest update from her Facebook page:

Katie is recovering well from surgery. She is eager to get clearance to get started on the prosthetic process (which will be about 6 weeks post op). We will be headed to KC this coming Tuesday for her 2 week follow up appointment and expect to get clearance to start PT and chemo. We are still waiting for Pathology on the tumor to come back. Please pray for 100% necrosis (tumor kill). Thank you for all of the prayers and support. You all are amazing and we are thankful for you!

Comment

TxNurse, how is Katie doing? Still keeping her in my prayers.

Comment

Katie is continuing with chemo to be sure any cancer cells in other areas are killed out, but everything seems good. Here she is with her doctor. You can kind of see the results of the rotationplasty where her right foot is now where her knee was. Look up on youtube to see how much more functional this is than a standard above the knee amputation. Thank you for your continued prayers and concern.
                            Attached Files

Comment

still praying!

Comment

More prayers for this young lady.

Comment

Working...
                                X