• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zac Brown at Cheyenne Frontier Days
    James Taylor in Richmond, VA
    Allison Krauss and Union Station in San Diego, CA

Comment

Willie Nelson's 4th of July at Billy Bob's

Also saw a show with Cypress Hill, Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang. That was a great show.

Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and The Wailers in a 150 person venue

Zac Brown was good even though it was at the Houston Rodeo and we had crap seats. Would like to see them in a better venue

Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr, Aaron Watson and Ryan Bingham are all on the list of people I want to see live soon

Pat Green is possibly the worst I've ever seen. Saw him at Ranger's Ballpark and he was so drunk he couldn't remember the words to his own songs or he just mumbled through parts.
      Last edited by hooligan; 02-23-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I saw the EAGLES play at a private party once. They played from midnight until about 4 AM. It was awesome. Cost the dude throwing the party a pretty penny. He had Frankie Valli play at the same party. He also got Martina McBride to play his wife's birthday and had Jerry Seinfeld do standup at a house warming party. Dude knew how to throw a party.

Comment

George strait in Vegas

Comment

easy, Willie Nelson concert in Bham many, many years ago. He stayed and played to a small crowd till daylight the next morning.

Comment

Pantera in the backroom in Austin.
              Metallica in the Summit.
              Tool in Sunken Gardens
              Primus Lollapalooza
              Slayer and Sepulture

Comment

Family Values Tour in 1998 at Fairpark in Dallas. Korn, Rahmstein, Limp Biscuit, Ice Cube, and Filter. The show had to be stopped in the middle of Rahmstein's set and all the lights got turned on because people were wadding t shirts up, lighting them on fire, and throwing them into the unoccupied box seats way up in the stadium.

Or maybe when Tool came to Dallas and the opening act was booed off the stage (to put it nicely ).

Or maybe seeing Digital Underground (The Humpity Dance) in a VERY small club in Dallas while being the only white guy in the place.

Comment

It's a tie for me:

Van Halen (Hagar) at the Starplex mid 90s
                  Guns and Roses at NRG this year

Both had terrible opening acts. Van Halen was Skid Row, GNR had some DJ thing we didn't even watch.

Comment

The late 70's was the time for concerts. The Texas Jam was great! Dallas Convention Center, Ft.Worth Convention Center and if you were lucky enough to get tickets, The Bronco Bowl was the bestest! Seen SRV, Zepplin, Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Van Halen..... oh how the list goes on. Good times in DFW.

Comment

Chili Fest 2010 I think. RR and Pat green, along with gary allen. Things got a little western.

Comment

Sturgill Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Until a couple of years ago I'd have said Motley Crue, Metallica or Guns and Roses...however, if you like his music and ever get to see Kid Rock in concert, don't miss it. Also....I could afford better seats in my 40s than I could in my teens. Kid Rock in the Woodlands.
                          Kid Rock did put on a great show in the Woodlands.

Comment

And for you country fans, the Longhorn Ballroom here in Dallas was the place to be. Conway Twitty, Lorretta Lynn, Charlie Pride, Merle Haggard and on and on.

Comment

All of them hit 10s.....in a cloud of smoke

Rush
                              Pink Floyd
                              Led Zeppelin
                              Rolling Stones
                              Marshall Tucker Band
                              Carlos Santana
                              Van Halen
                              Dobie Brothers
                              Robin Trower
                              Jeff Beck
                              KISS
                              Peter Frampton

Comment

The most entertaining show I have seen was Alice Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X