No announcement yet.

Best Music Concert you've ever attended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a whim I saw Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson play in a little tent up in the mountains of Hawaii with only 50 people or so. Was pouring down rain and by far the coolest show I could ever be at. Was about 5' from the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeaso View Post
      Jerry Jeff Walker, Rusty Wier, Jimmy Buffett together TCCC bout '76

That was my first real concert. Dec. 23, 1976. Great show.

Best concert was Texxas Jam, 1979....

Heart was playing Mistral Wind, and changed the weather. Cool breeze and started raining, after 100+ that day.

Comment

I have 2 that are tied for first. I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Mayborn center in Temple in 1983. Me and a few buddies were in the parking lot tailgating before the concert and he drove up in a red 64 Chevy Impala Convertible, top down and waved at us as he went by, we were some of the first inside and front row center for some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard.
        The other is Johnny Winter at the Austin Opry House in 1985, one of his encore songs was Johnny B Goode......lightning struck the building during the song and knocked the power out......I swear God was there with us that night!

Correction SRV may have been summer of 1984.....toasted brain cells
        Last edited by T/Chmr; 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

1987 Texas Jam at the Cotton bowl

Tesla
          WhiteSnake
          Aerosmith
          Boston

It was Bostons first concert back after their layoff. They opened with Just Another Band out of Boston and then said they have a new album out called 3rd Stage. They played the whole album non-stop at studio quality.

Comment

Rolling Stones in 1991 at the Cotton Bowl.

AC/DC in San Antonio in 2008.

Foo Fighters at SXSW in 2011. Included free booze and food.

Comment

Motley Crue 1989 at the summit (currently Lakewood church)

Tommy Lee came out over the crowd playing the drums and spinning around.

Comment

Dire Straits in a small theatre in Sydney, Australia.

John Prine at Paramount Theatre in Austin

Pink Floyd at Reunion Arena in Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by KLWoodall View Post
                  1st Place: AC/DC with Queensryche in 1988 with Death Whisper (name drop). Terrible seats rectified by a jump to the floor from the balcony, security, running and ducking to front section. REALLY loud. Pretty good time.
                  AC/DC with Queensryche in 1985 Reunion Arena.

Comment

My favorite was probably Aaron Watson at a private event. Close second is either Robert Earl Keen or Cross Canadian Ragweed. All three put on a great show!

Comment

Hank Williams Jr at Billy Bob's circa 1984 - my Dad took me and my buddies because you had to be 21 to get in. We were 16/17...he bought us beer on the way.

Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse tour 1988 - Frank Erwin Center floor

Roger Waters - Radio Kaos tour 1987 -2nd row center stage. The spot light hit us when the lyrics "and that's ones smoking a joint"....and we were....

Local favorites: Ten Hands - at Dada and Andy Timmons what seems like at least 100x at The Gravity Room in Denton.

Comment

Corey taylor acoustic in deep ellum couple yrs ago, small venue. AWESOMENESS. Me and my jr.high choir singing with Garth at the old texas stadium circa 94. Pretty sweet

Comment

Def Leppard Adrenalize Tour 1993 in the Starplex.

Also from the Krewe of Endymion Balls that I went to when I lived in New Orleans;

Kool and the Gang 1984
                          Miami Sound Machine 1988
                          Last edited by grizzman; 02-23-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Motley Crue......Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feel Good..

Garth Brooks in Texas Stadium was up there as well in his heyday..

Comment

Metallica and Queensryche February 1989 at the summit. Def Leppard and Tesla 1988 was a close second.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

judas priest last concert in san antonio
                                merle haggard in 2008 at cowboys dance hall
                                jackson taylor and the sinners at sams burger joint in san antonio

Comment

Working...
                                X