Any blowgun shooters on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    Good shooting, The problem I have with the squirrels is after you shoot at a few they get wise to it and you have to try and guess where they will be by the time the dart gets there because they will take off at the sound of the blow gun. I have to do the same with my bow they are that fast.
    I was having the same exact experience but I figured out a trick. I make the air conditioner kick on and they don't even hear you shoot. I shot at one 3 times the other day at like 20 yards haha he finally decided to leave when the last skipped off his back lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      I bought one a few years ago thanks to another thread on TBH and unfortunately haven't taken it out of the package. I need to give it a try one of these days.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
      You too huh....

Come dove season I'll be after the white wings that get grit in the driveway again. I got some of the darts you can shoot 3 or 4 at a time now

Comment

[ATTACH]850464[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]850465[/ATTACH]

Comment

You gonna eat them bridge chickens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

when i was 11 or 12 my brother and I made our own blowguns out of an aluminum arrow shaft, q-tips with a pin/needle in one end (clay and dental floss to secure it) and hardened cotton on the other end (superglue)

those little darts would fly with speed - i know they penetrate well too since my brother playfully shot one into my big toe from 10' away - where it stuck in the bone and i had to wiggle it to remove it - yes it hurt

in high school, i went the route of purchasing all the gear and using the broadhead/spear type darts. I shot all kinds of critters some with more than 2 legs, some with wings, but never remember any of them actually dying from the wound. fun times

In college i went back to the arrow method and built a bunch of the q-tip darts, which i still have should i find the need to get out the old aluminum arrow

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              You gonna eat them bridge chickens?

I ate one last week and it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I ate one last week and it was great.

I've eaten them before, just like dove. Just curious.

Comment

There's a bunch of guys at Austin Archery Club that use them from time to time...they also have an Atlatl group that shoots 3D with both the Atlatl and the blowguns...

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                    I think anybody that enjoys shooting a bow would enjoy it. Especially the traditional Archery folks. Plus you can sit on the couch and shoot it inside the house at a cardboard box or something.

Nah, we'll stick to our slingshots if we wanna downsize and plink

Edit: blowguns are fun though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 04-15-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah we eat a lot of rock dove at my house.

Comment

Been piling up the squirrels with my blowgun this past month. Thought I would post up this ldp I took the other day hahaha

Comment

Lmao, you guys have waaaaaaaaay to much time on your hands!! But, I too have fallen victim to the blowgun fun. I had one in college many moons ago. Perhaps I need to pick up a Coldsteel as well?? Insert evil laugh.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Me!

Comment

Did a lot when I was younger. Used 3/8" S/S tubing, welding wire and made cone with masking tape. Got fairly good, even shot a hole in a APU radiator when I was in the Navy!

Comment

Haha I'm sure they were real happy with you about that one!

Comment

Working...
                                X