The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
    The power of a Green Season. We have plenty 6 to 8yr Olds this yr but, they are very unpredictable and only expose thier self when behind a hot doe right now. Don't let the hipe of no mature deer fool ya. Old deer never do what we all wished they did. Right now they don't have to look for water or food so getting one to travel out of their 300 to 500ac home can seem like they don't even exsist this season but, they are there. The last two weeks for season could be a big game changer after this week's freeze. Keep those does corned up and stay ready. It only takes 2mins to change a whole Season. Good luck to every one and Happy New Years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    True that! Happy New Year!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
      The power of a Green Season. We have plenty 6 to 8yr Olds this yr but, they are very unpredictable and only expose thier self when behind a hot doe right now. Don't let the hipe of no mature deer fool ya. Old deer never do what we all wished they did. Right now they don't have to look for water or food so getting one to travel out of their 300 to 500ac home can seem like they don't even exsist this season but, they are there. The last two weeks for season could be a big game changer after this week's freeze. Keep those does corned up and stay ready. It only takes 2mins to change a whole Season. Good luck to every one and Happy New Years

X2, all our mature bucks are locked up with does right now. Get her on the sendero and you got him on the sendero. Our bigger bucks have just started making an appearance.
      I'm Headed back in tomorrow.
      Anyone got a report on the bridge line at Columbia?
      And Happy New Years!!!

Comment

I came back yesterday and it was only 10 minutes
        I use the Border Wait Time app and it's been pretty accurate

Comment

Bridge 3 is Columbia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtbrock179 View Post
            I came back yesterday and it was only 10 minutes
            I use the Border Wait Time app and it's been pretty accurate
            Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
            http://www.ci.laredo.tx.us/bridgesys...ridge4cam.html

Bridge 3 is Columbia

Ok, thanks.
            After the season I am going to finally break down and trade this old flip phone in and get me one of those smart phones. Seriously!!!!

We have been steady knocking down some 8 pts, Especially if they are bullys and are pushing around much better deer.
            Attached Files

Comment

Had a 5 year old short tined 9pt try to hump a Doe about 30 yards from the truck this evening and other bucks chasing does as well

Comment

I’m headed to Mexico for the first time to hunt on Friday. It doesn’t look like I need any special permits to cross a bow. I found a thread with a letter from 2011. Any other advice or recommendations? I’m looking forward to the trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Bmfvet View Post
                  I’m headed to Mexico for the first time to hunt on Friday. It doesn’t look like I need any special permits to cross a bow. I found a thread with a letter from 2011. Any other advice or recommendations? I’m looking forward to the trip!
                  They always just ask me to not travel with your broasheads on your arrows

Comment

Put your broadheads in a different box, away from arrows, and Rock on!! Same for a crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                      Put your broadheads in a different box, away from arrows, and Rock on!! Same for a crossbow.

Can I take a crossbow w/ a mounted scope?

One of the guys asked me about a crossbow the other day, and I honestly don't have any idea.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                        Can I take a crossbow w/ a mounted scope?

One of the guys asked me about a crossbow the other day, and I honestly don't have any idea.

Yes I took two this year with a mounted scope, and with zero problems or hassles.

Comment

Yesterday was the best movement I have seen all season by far.Was very cold and the deer responded immediately to corn. Saw a new mature buck I haven't seen all season in a place I hunt regularly as well as lots of others. Of course I had to come home today.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            Yesterday was the best movement I have seen all season by far.Was very cold and the deer responded immediately to corn. Saw a new mature buck I haven't seen all season in a place I hunt regularly as well as lots of others. Of course I had to come home today.

Lol I left after not seeing crap all last week. Heading back the 10th praying for better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              Same here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you post that letter. I lost mine. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X