No announcement yet.

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the pics help you find the feed stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,

I wanted to share this not to scare anyone, but to just put it out there so you guys know where and how it happened.

We were crossing at Nuevo Laredo on Friday (mid day) had two blinds and two feeders on a 24' trailer. At the declare line we were there for approximately 1 hour getting everything straight on the equipment tax (first time they have made me pay with pesos vs US dollar) had to walk down the street to the exchange. Once everything was final and taxes were paid we left the declare line and started into Nuevo Laredo.
      The first stop sign you come to 250-300 yards outside the line a white f-250 extended cab (90-95 model) pulled up next to us yelling to roll the windows down. After a little though I rolled the windows down and they were screaming to pull over "pull over!" In this situation I had no idea what to do other than pull over and deal with the situation. (Keep in mind I had a 24' trailer on and the streets aren't friendly as is, even if you were in a Kia.)
      Two guys jumped out of the truck and came to my window (one spoke English) asking how much we paid the govt for taxes on the blind and said "you pay the govt, you pay the cartel as well." He immediately requested $800 from us. I told him we paid $150 in taxes, he still requested $800. He then went on to say "I am calling the cartel down the street with guns to come kidnap you until we get our money. (Immediately I thought to myself this wasn't true cartel) the other guy was on the phone the entire time pacing back and fourth on the truck talking espanol about gringos and cazadores (no clue of he was truly talking with someone or not. We ended up getting took for $800 (what they requested) and at the end of the ordeal he said get the F*** out of here and don't come back.
      This was my first encounter with a situation like this in Mexico of the short (5) years I've been hunting there.

Any thoughts from you seasoned guys on what to do in this situation? Did we do right or wrong?

Again, not trying to scare anyone with this story, nor will it keep me from going... I just wanted to share to keep everyone's awareness up and to better understand from guys that could have been in the same situation before on what to do.
      We were on the side of the road dealing with this for approximately 5 minutes. Both the guys were in a really big rush to get out of there.

Colombia Bridge it is from now on.

Last edited by Hunt24/7Hard; 08-21-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post
        Hey guys,

I wanted to share this not to scare anyone, but to just put it out there so you guys know where and how it happened.

We were crossing at Nuevo Laredo on Friday (mid day) had two blinds and two feeders on a 24' trailer. At the declare line we were there for approximately 1 hour getting everything straight on the equipment tax (first time they have made me pay with pesos vs US dollar) had to walk down the street to the exchange. Once everything was final and taxes were paid we left the declare line and started into Nuevo Laredo.
        The first stop sign you come to 250-300 yards outside the line a white f-250 extended cab (90-95 model) pulled up next to us yelling to roll the windows down. After a little though I rolled the windows down and they were screaming to pull over "pull over!" In this situation I had no idea what to do other than pull over and deal with the situation. (Keep in mind I had a 24' trailer on and the streets aren't friendly as is even if you were in a Kia.)
        Two guys jumped out of the truck and came to my window (one spoke English) asking how much we paid the govt for taxes on the blind and said "you pay the govt, you pay the cartel as well." He immediately requested $800 from us. I told him we paid $150 in taxes, he still requested $800. He then went on to say "I am calling the cartel down the street with guns to come kidnap you until we get our money. (Immediately I knew this wasn't true cartel) the other guy was on the phone the entire time pacing back and fourth on the truck talking espanol about gringos and cazadores (no clue of he was truly talking with someone or not. We ended up getting took for $800 (what they requested) and at the end of the ordeal he said get the F*** out of here and don't come back.
        This was my first encounter with a situation like this in Mexico of the short (5) years I've been hunting there.

Any thoughts from you seasoned guys on what to do in this situation? Did we do right or wrong?

Again, not trying to scare anyone with this story, nor will it keep me from going... I just wanted to share to keep everyone's awareness up and to better understand from guys that could have been in the same situation before on what to do.

Ryan & I had 2 guys in a SUV try the same thing on us a couple months ago in the same spot.. We also had a 24' trailer with blind & feeders on it.. I told Ryan, Do Not Stop and stay ahead of them. Eventually the street narrowed and it cut them off.. Crazy stuff..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,

The first stop sign you come to 250-300 yards outside the line a white f-250 extended cab (90-95 model) pulled up next to us yelling to roll the windows down. After a little though I rolled the windows down and they were screaming to pull over "pull over!" In this situation I had no idea what to do other than pull over and deal with the situation. (Keep in mind I had a 24' trailer on and the streets aren't friendly as is, even if you were in a Kia.)
          Two guys jumped out of the truck and came to my window (one spoke English) asking how much we paid the govt for taxes on the blind and said "you pay the govt, you pay the cartel as well." He immediately requested $800 from us. I told him we paid $150 in taxes, he still requested $800. He then went on to say "I am calling the cartel down the street with guns to come kidnap you until we get our money. (Immediately I thought to myself this wasn't true cartel) the other guy was on the phone the entire time pacing back and fourth on the truck talking espanol about gringos and cazadores (no clue of he was truly talking with someone or not. We ended up getting took for $800 (what they requested) and at the end of the ordeal he said get the F*** out of here and don't come back.

We were on the side of the road dealing with this for approximately 5 minutes. Both the guys were in a really big rush to get out of there.

You should have just punched him in the throat and drove off.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            You should have just punched him in the throat and drove off.

The very first thing that crossed mY mind and would have happened on the other side.... just not sure how that would have worked for me in the streets of Nuevo Laredo.

Comment

Originally posted by rwb42 View Post
              Ryan & I had 2 guys in a SUV try the same thing on us a couple months ago in the same spot.. We also had a 24' trailer with blind & feeders on it.. I told Ryan, Do Not Stop and stay ahead of them. Eventually the street narrowed and it cut them off.. Crazy stuff..

Only thing I can think of is they sit at that small restaurant / bar right across the baracade and pick and choose who they are about to get. There were 12-15 guys standing over there like they had nothing better to do than rob a gringo.

Comment

Hey guys,

I would have never ever pulled over , just me personally. Unless it was a marked police vehicle of some sort I'm not pulling over for anyone....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

The very first thing that crossed mY mind and would have happened on the other side.... just not sure how that would have worked for me in the streets of Nuevo Laredo.

I don't blame you, I don't think I would have been throwing punches either. I would just be trying to figure out how I could get my wife to believe I was actually robbed for $800 and that I really didn't spend it at boys town.

Comment

Originally posted by rwb42 View Post

That was us bro and never roll down windows to talk to no one I was like ryan w t f those ain't your homies roll out

Comment

You should have wrote them a check for $1000 give em a extra tip to make em happy happy happy [emoji16]
                      Heard that works well [emoji1303][emoji41][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                        You should have wrote them a check for $1000 give em a extra tip to make em happy happy happy [emoji16]
                        Heard that works well [emoji1303][emoji41][emoji16]

Lol

Comment

Good kick off trip to the new lease.
                          A few pics of the brush and spots we got set up and running.
                          Hot as hell but loved every minute of it.

Comment

Yeah once you go out that way there is always a group of guys up to no good. I have actually seen border guards interact with some of them. The only thing you did wrong was acknowledge them. This has went on for years sad to say. I've had them follow me all the way to 85 hwy before trying to wave me down. Like others have said if it's not the military or police I'm not pulling over for anyone. Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear you got scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                              Yeah once you go out that way there is always a group of guys up to no good. I have actually seen border guards interact with some of them. The only thing you did wrong was acknowledge them. This has went on for years sad to say. I've had them follow me all the way to 85 hwy before trying to wave me down. Like others have said if it's not the military or police I'm not pulling over for anyone. Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear you got scammed.

Very true. Has been happening for years. Happens a lot to locals / nationals coming back and forth. Just thugs trying to prey on anyone they can

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Good kick off trip to the new lease.
                                A few pics of the brush and spots we got set up and running.
                                Hot as hell but loved every minute of it.

Looks good Walker. We were down there this past weekend too and it took our house about 5 hours to cool off.

Comment

Working...
                                X