Who owns the most Bitcoin on TBH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    No, it was in bit coin! Which I own zero (and never owned any)

But I wouldn't mind seeing a list of the MJ stocks you own (and why)
    I'll play... Bitcoin is definitely the better past performance but the right MJ stock still produced fairly well.

I don't own any bitcoin but was watching GBTC for a while when it was falling last June and was planning on getting in once it showed signs of a bounce. I changed clients and was traveling alot and stopped watching and never got in. It was 400 then and 1500 today. So I missed out on a 275% increase. I'm now on a client that I don't travel as often and will probably be on this one for 6+ months. I'll start paying attention again and see if I can catch a couple crazy swings.

I do own BLOZF. They are making a MJ breathalizer. It is a penny stock and back in the same timeframe it went from .50 to 1.25. So it did give me a 150% in the last 6 months. Although most of it was more recent when they filed their patent application and went from .41 to 1.90 in a couple of days. I'm in it at .0877 so I'm up over 1300% on it with today's close. Again I wish I had more. At .0877, I bought 10,000 shares. So my $900 gamble is now worth over $12,000. I did buy more at $1/share. Still not enough to get rich (or broke). If it ever hits 4.20, I'll cash out enough shares to get my $ back then let the rest run and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      Someone said that when it hit $6K that "you missed the boat". It's almost doubled since that post a month and a half ago. I say park $50-100 in it and forget about it for a while. Hell, do it for your kids or grandkids. Set it and forget it.
      I'm thinking about buying 1. So drop 11,000 in it and leave it there to see what happens. I'm even considering putting $50-100 per paycheck in for a couple of years and see what happens. My thing is that I like to do a lot of research on everything I buy, including all my gamble trades. I don't know enough about bitcoin to make me comfortable enough to jump in

On black Friday, I purchased over 4.5 hours of training materials on udemy on bitcoin and blockchain (for $10) and going to read more in the next few days and educate myself a little more on it. http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thin...ain/index.html

Comment

five

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I'm thinking about buying 1. So drop 11,000 in it and leave it there to see what happens. I'm even considering putting $50-100 per paycheck in for a couple of years and see what happens. My thing is that I like to do a lot of research on everything I buy, including all my gamble trades. I don't know enough about bitcoin to make me comfortable enough to jump in

On black Friday, I purchased over 4.5 hours of training materials on udemy on bitcoin and blockchain (for $10) and going to read more in the next few days and educate myself a little more on it. http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thin...ain/index.html
          I'm the same way. I research the hell out of stuff before making a decision. Look up a guy by the name of Andres Antonopolous on Youtube. He's considered a bitcoin guru and does a great job of explaining it's potential value. He see's the value WAY beyond being a currency.

Right now there's money to be made on the currency side of things but eventually the technology will be even more important as it helps provide better security and complete ownership of things.

Your link is a perfect example of how far along BTC has come. Goldman Sachs used to NOT believe in crypto-currency and it's value.
          Last edited by In-Yo-Grill; 12-05-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I bought in $50k in 2011 or 12 guess I should check and see what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              I'll play... Bitcoin is definitely the better past performance but the right MJ stock still produced fairly well.

I don't own any bitcoin but was watching GBTC for a while when it was falling last June and was planning on getting in once it showed signs of a bounce. I changed clients and was traveling alot and stopped watching and never got in. It was 400 then and 1500 today. So I missed out on a 275% increase. I'm now on a client that I don't travel as often and will probably be on this one for 6+ months. I'll start paying attention again and see if I can catch a couple crazy swings.

I do own BLOZF. They are making a MJ breathalizer. It is a penny stock and back in the same timeframe it went from .50 to 1.25. So it did give me a 150% in the last 6 months. Although most of it was more recent when they filed their patent application and went from .41 to 1.90 in a couple of days. I'm in it at .0877 so I'm up over 1300% on it with today's close. Again I wish I had more. At .0877, I bought 10,000 shares. So my $900 gamble is now worth over $12,000. I did buy more at $1/share. Still not enough to get rich (or broke). If it ever hits 4.20, I'll cash out enough shares to get my $ back then let the rest run and see what happens.

You know every time I look at my BLOZF account i think of you.
              Every.
              Single.
              Time.
              Oh and riverrat too.

I got in BLOZF all over the place from 0.11 up to 0.49
              I got busy in life and forgot about it.
              Went back and looked and it was $1.60!!!!!!

California just approved rec weed and they need a way to determine folks that are high so I'm waiting on BLOZF to hit $10.00 before I think about selling.

This "investment" was a gamble as well but at least I had some hard core science to back it unlike cryptos.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                You bought 50k of bitcoin in 2012? Or of MJ stock? Either way it sounds like you made an excellent move.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                  You bought 50k of bitcoin in 2012? Or of MJ stock? Either way it sounds like you made an excellent move.
                  if he bought 50k of bitcoin in 2011 than he is a billionaire right now. yes, with a B, not a M.

Comment

I have Ethereum which is affordable for those people who can't invest big money. Bitcoin is also good but you should have more money to buy 1 BTC

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                      if he bought 50k of bitcoin in 2011 than he is a billionaire right now. yes, with a B, not a M.
                      We need an update here

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        I guess you would be the person to go to... are you a billionaire?

Comment

I found a nickle today. But no bitcoins.

Comment

Working...
                          X