No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19lbs + of fish! So, when is the fish fry? That's about a daily limit of crappie's weight with smaller crappie.

Comment

And nice fish by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        19lbs + of fish! So, when is the fish fry? That's about a daily limit of crappie's weight with smaller crappie.
        Blasphemy! LOL

Comment

Did y'all throw those trash fish up on the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crappie withdrawals

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            She didn't get away today!! 7lbs 4oz

Crappie schmappie....

It was probably that Nanza Team Shirt that did the trick! [emoji23] Cause it sure couldn't have been them shorts [emoji15]
            Nice haul Kevin!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              It was probably that Nanza Team Shirt that did the trick! [emoji23] Cause it sure couldn't have been them shorts [emoji15]
              Nice haul Kevin!

Dude don't be knocking my Academy clearance rack fishing shorts. They cost me $2.88!! I'll be sure to wear them to nanza next year.

Comment

Derailing a perfectly good crappie thread with ditch pickles!![emoji33]

Haha! Trashfish!!! As little man would say!![emoji2]

Comment

Caught a few decent slabs on Waco with the brushlunker this morning.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Flex!

Comment

Skloss, you might have had better luck catching crappie instead of those trash fish, if you were wearing a "Team Fish Head" shirt .

We've had all kinds of fish to fry at Bownanza. But don't think we've had any ditch-pickle/trash fish fillets since the team has been formed back in 2008. Not that we wouldn't. It's just not body fishes for-em.

Comment

Hey guys any input on color? Still learning. The ones I caught this weekend were on the brushlunker black and chartreuse. Once the plastic wore off I tried a white/pearl, white/chartreuse, red/green. With no luck at all.

Fishing Waco which is relatively greenish and decent clarity.

Comment

I've always had my best luck in this area with black and chartreuse. Seems to catch more keeper sized fish no matter the time of year. Plain chartreuse or chartreuse and white usually catches more, but smaller fish in the winter for me. Not much help for summer time. I know a lotta folk in this area like red and chartreuse too (red front/chartreuse tail), or orange and chartreuse. I've added my own orange with an orange Sharpie before. And it increased my strikes. Had to douse it with some cover scent after the Sharpie to cover up the smell. That was with some tied jigheads and flea-flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            Hey guys any input on color? Still learning. The ones I caught this weekend were on the brushlunker black and chartreuse. Once the plastic wore off I tried a white/pearl, white/chartreuse, red/green. With no luck at all.

Fishing Waco which is relatively greenish and decent clarity.

Never been there but clear water colors for me are copper mine, pearl ice, monkey milk, purple passion, black emerald shiner, and natural shad by thermocline lures and sausage gravy , shadowboy, JB Special, and white hot by constant pursuit outfitters. I like a pink jighead a lot and throw most of those colors on one.
                            That said some of the best crappie anglers I know throw black and chart and white and chart nearly year round and whip folks all the time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Never been there but clear water colors for me are copper mine, pearl ice, monkey milk, purple passion, black emerald shiner, and natural shad by thermocline lures and sausage gravy , shadowboy, JB Special, and white hot by constant pursuit outfitters. I like a pink jighead a lot and throw most of those colors on one.
                              That said some of the best crappie anglers I know throw black and chart and white and chart nearly year round and whip folks all the time!!

Thanks boss!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kids tourney was today on Lewisville! Made us fish N of 720 bridge in little elm. Wouldn't have been my choice but oh well! Never been there till this morning but we scanned some timber and the kids managed to put a few in the boat! They fish 8-12 and can weight in 5 fish! Little man had 3 keepers and my buddies daughter had 5! They both caught several small fish. Langdon prolly caught 10-15 short fish today. He was bummed about that but that's fishing! He was excited at weight in! He finished 3rd in 10 and under and had big fish in his age group with a 1.67 and Clays daughter came in second in 11-17! He got $100 gift card to toys R us and Cindy won $125 Amazon gift card!! Not bad for 4 hours or work! Then got baits and pizza!!![emoji41]

Back to Richland Chambers next 2 weeks then finally go to the camp at Fork!

Comment

Working...
                                X