No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killa, how did the ribs turn out? Team Fish Head has been known to fry some at Bownanza years past.
    Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Same to you. I'm going to try some fried ribs along with the turkey.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

They turned out awesome. I just seasoned them with salt and pepper ran them though the flour twice. Fried them until they floated I would highly recommend it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Won't be much longer and the crappie will be right in behind the sandies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be on pines the day after muzzle loader closes. Hope the rain quits for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            I’ll be on pines the day after muzzle loader closes. Hope the rain quits for a while.

How high has Pines gotten? I have never crappie fished there but had some good days bass fishing way back in some flooded timber.
            Last edited by Cantcatch5; 01-06-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Pines is currently 5.76 feet above normal at the moment. That is in "real time" info.

Comment

Headed to pines in the morning. First trip of the year. I’ll report back.... early I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  Headed to pines in the morning. First trip of the year. I’ll report back.... early I hope!

If the wind ain't blowing you can smoke em in deeper trees on the S end! 1/4oz pink head with a 3" silver shad Bonehead slim stick and a 1/8oz pink head 18" above it with a grapevine stump bug. There was sure enough no fishing that stuff Sat!

On a side note I started a 2019 crappie thread we can use! This one's gotten so big I can't hardly open it on Tapatalk and that's how I do all my pictures. Glad to see somebody else is getting after em!

Comment

10/4 I’ll move over, i slaughtered them last year around the channel this time of year. Waters still around 5’ high. We couldn’t find them today. WAY TO WINDY
                    Only 4 boats on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      They make waders that don't leak???[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nope... Just ones that don't leak yet

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        If the wind ain't blowing you can smoke em in deeper trees on the S end! 1/4oz pink head with a 3" silver shad Bonehead slim stick and a 1/8oz pink head 18" above it with a grapevine stump bug. There was sure enough no fishing that stuff Sat!

On a side note I started a 2019 crappie thread we can use! This one's gotten so big I can't hardly open it on Tapatalk and that's how I do all my pictures. Glad to see somebody else is getting after em!
                        What size line are you using with this setup?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          What size line are you using with this setup?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                          10-12lb on med heavy 10' rod

Comment

Working...
                          X