Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Tough ending for sure Slew. Hope your Father's Day will be a better one.

I'll be cook-n Crappie this afternoon for the whole family, including my Dad. But he gets a special serving of Channel Cats. That's what he likes. Everbody else gets crappie. Gonna have some home made jalapeño hushpuppies, jalapeño poppers, deviled eggs, green beans, tator salad, with cobbler for de'sert. I'm not a de'sert fan. But I'll sure eats me some fruit cobbler!

That sounds like a spread!!! Had s great day regardless! Fun times with friends and caught lots of fish on a new lake! Came home in the middle of my 5 year olds mermaid birthday party with a dozen kids splashing in the little pool and the slip and slide! Grampy took up my slack and grilled burgers and hot dogs cause we got there a little late cause of weight in. Father's Day was great! Wiped out a coconut cream pie and about to take a nap!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, 0.5 lb dead penalty is tough on fish the size of crappie! I don't realize they had to be weighed live...do they release them like in a bass tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        Man, 0.5 lb dead penalty is tough on fish the size of crappie! I don't realize they had to be weighed live...do they release them like in a bass tourney?

You can't weight them in period!! We were lucky we had 7 fish still alive in the livewells when we got in. I thought we only had 8-9 fish in there cause I had told clay to cull em out to the cooler while we were idling through timber. He missed several luckily or we wouldn't have even had a limit to bring in.

Comment

Still having no luck on Waco. Did have some bass hammer my crappie jigs today.

Got lucky on a school of whites on the way back to the dock.

I'll figure it out some day.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough day!! Haven't been on Palestine in a month I guess. Told the guys it wouldn't hurt to get some minnows but they didn't. Still cleansed 30 something fishing 8-1130. They were happy!!! Cold beer time now!!

Comment

Off to Fork to find some more of these this weekend! N[emoji41]

Comment

Dang! I wish I could get back out in the sun and heat again. Get-n old ain't no fun, sometimes. Like when I get to spoil the grandboys. Or laugh at younger folks cause they don't listen to a crabby old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Tough day!! Haven't been on Palestine in a month I guess. Told the guys it wouldn't hurt to get some minnows but they didn't. Still cleansed 30 something fishing 8-1130. They were happy!!! Cold beer time now!!

Attaboy!!!

Comment

Dang! Jealous of all the crappie fishing! I've had a hard time finding them from the bank, Could just be my poor fishing skills though!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                      Dang! Jealous of all the crappie fishing! I've had a hard time finding them from the bank, Could just be my poor fishing skills though!

Don't feel bad. I have a hard time finding them from the boat. Can't wait to get a new fish finder!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep! I'ma look-n forward to a new fish finder too! Been using a Hummer 541 . Going with a Hummer 10 with SI and GPS. Gotta get a foot controlled troller first.

Comment

Yea, I got an email back from Lowrance about my antique graph... no parts and no longer servicable...

Was gonna have one before this weekend so I could take my grandsons fishin', but it's Thursday and it ain't happened yet...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Yea, I got an email back from Lowrance about my antique graph... no parts and no longer servicable...

Was gonna have one before this weekend so I could take my grandsons fishin', but it's Thursday and it ain't happened yet...
                            For Lowrance to not have parts it wouldn't need to be but 2-3 years old. They have a pretty bad reputation for customer service issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Yep! I'ma look-n forward to a new fish finder too! Been using a Hummer 541 . Going with a Hummer 10 with SI and GPS. Gotta get a foot controlled troller first.
                              Your gonna wonder how you fished without it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Your gonna wonder how you fished without it!!
                                No kidding, we used one a couple weeks ago and it's not even fair. As a matter of fact I just ordered a removable transducer mount from pro-drive and will be adding a HDS 9 soon

Comment

Working...
                                X