No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we caught the other day turned into a nice dinner! Had to settle for tater gems instead of fries. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24495041Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1618.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	24495042

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah!!! Eats!!! 2 more days then we roll out to Rayburn!! I'm ready to load the cooler with black crappie!! Richland Chambers is after this one! Least I won't need a hotel room to prefish that one.

Comment

That fried crappie looks great!

Comment

Time for us to go restock for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
            Time for us to go restock for us too.

You try their Elite Minnow yet? It's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have some of the elite minnow series.

Comment

Not many leftovers from a meal like that. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24495052

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                  Not many leftovers from a meal like that. [ATTACH]854504[/ATTACH]

True! But what is left, is always great even cold with a little mustard.

Comment

I fished Palestine yesterday afternoon after the weather cleared. Only had one son fishing this time. We had a harder time catching them than we have had the last couple of Saturday's. The past 3 weekends we have averaged one short fish per 15 or so keepers but yesterday it was about 50/50 keepers/shorts. I am still just a one trick pony when it comes to crappie...I can catch them on docks but can't really figure out vertical jigging. We had a great time and caught about 40 crappie, 10 kentuckies, 2 largemouth and a sand bass. We could have caught a lot more crappie if we had stayed shallow but I wanted to work on jigging since the wind was laying low.

Comment

Bigger fish will move off a lot of the docks as it warms up! Brush and the bridge should still be holding plenty. Buddy went to RC this afternoon! Looked like the ocean!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Bigger fish will move off a lot of the docks as it warms up! Brush and the bridge should still be holding plenty. Buddy went to RC this afternoon! Looked like the ocean!!

Were you on the south end of RC? I hear it gets pretty rough in that area. I fished it one time with some family and Royce Simmons on the lower end and west branch. Had a great time. But the water was very cooperative too. . He and his son normally cancels if the water gets to rough or stormy. And reschedules clients.

Comment

Idk where he was but the picture I got looked rough! He didn't catch anything but did load up and find a better ramp for next time to be more out of the wind!!

Comment

Finally got my boat issues ironed out I think! Hope to get after them on this long weekend! And then really get after them the next 2.5 months!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit Ray Bob today. Caught about 40 but only 8 worth keeping. Beautiful day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                                X