Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by postman View Post
    By this analysis did the hooking industry benefit from Tiger's participation?
    Possibly...

Comment

Made golf relevant

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
        Amazing how so many "washed up" descriptions for a man who just finished tied for 6th in the British Open.
        No kidding. The absolute best thing to happen to golf in the last 40 years and he was still a contender at this year's Open. I don't know the man and I couldn't care less about his indiscretions, that's between him and God, but I love a fierce competitor. I loved watching someone that hated to lose more than he loved to win. Someone that would get you down and crush you. He was so good that Lefty pails by comparison and Lefty is cut from the same cloth....a fierce competitor. He may never win another tournament, much less a major, but there are millions of golfers that didn't finish 6th in the Open today, just 3 strokes off the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!
          He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.
          Does anybody even care if he comes back???
          Go to a tournament and see the crowds that follow him, even to the driving range. No one has the draw that he does (pun intended)!

Comment

No. No I don't care about Tiger Woods. Heck, I don't care much about golf. Best way I know to mess up a hike.

Comment

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?
              No.

Comment

This thread is still going....so incredibly yes. People do care about Tiger.

Comment

17 Months and 637 posts....I can tell how much y'all REALLY don't care...

Comment

He's close to breaking through. I really thought with the tougher conditions on Sunday that he would have a good chance and he definitely did. Even par in those conditions was a good score but not the great one he needed. He has played Thursdays and Fridays way to conservatively this year in an effort to not the miss that cut that by the time the weekend rolls around he realistically has no chance of winning the tournament. I heard them saying this past weekend that he laid back so far on Friday that the course played equivalent to 8500 yards...

Comment

With all do respect to you, who is them, and how does the length of the course increase because you lay back? Its a 485 yard par four whether I hit my drive 275 or 225. Now they way I play, left right left right left right left it could easily play 8500.
                      Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                      He's close to breaking through. I really thought with the tougher conditions on Sunday that he would have a good chance and he definitely did. Even par in those conditions was a good score but not the great one he needed. He has played Thursdays and Fridays way to conservatively this year in an effort to not the miss that cut that by the time the weekend rolls around he realistically has no chance of winning the tournament. I heard them saying this past weekend that he laid back so far on Friday that the course played equivalent to 8500 yards...

Comment

With all do respect to you, who is them, and how does the length of the course increase because you lay back? Its a 485 yard par four whether I hit my drive 275 or 225. Now they way I play, left right left right left right left it could easily play 8500.
                        I think it should be pretty obvious that "them" is the commentators. When Tiger hits iron off a tee leaving himself 265 yards into a 500 yard par 4 instead of driver and leaving himself 200 it basically makes that hole 65 yards further. When you do that on every par 4 and 5 it adds up.

Comment

It's not so much Tiger that makes me sick, it's the talking heads that won't shut up. Let him play if he wins he wins. They all appeared to have a "pretty firm deflection" last weekend when they moved him to the top of the leader board (tied) ever so briefly.

But nope, don't really care. I surely don't watch it because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                            I think it should be pretty obvious that "them" is the commentators. When Tiger hits iron off a tee leaving himself 265 yards into a 500 yard par 4 instead of driver and leaving himself 200 it basically makes that hole 65 yards further. When you do that on every par 4 and 5 it adds up.

I'm not sure you understand math...... or golf.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
                              I'm not sure you understand math...... or golf.
                              What am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                                It's not so much Tiger that makes me sick, it's the talking heads that won't shut up. Let him play if he wins he wins. They all appeared to have a "pretty firm deflection" last weekend when they moved him to the top of the leader board (tied) ever so briefly.

But nope, don't really care. I surely don't watch it because of him.

To be clear, he was leading alone for a bit...

Comment

Working...
                                X