No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only problem I have with the "Tiger Show" is he gets more coverage than the guys who are winning or are even in contention most times. I want to see the shots being made by the guys who are playing well that week, regardless of who it is. Paul Casey should have been given more coverage than Tiger but i had to listen to the "Tiger Show" all day and even after the tournament. If he is playing well or hits a great shot then show and talk about him, otherwise forget him just like all the rest who don't have it that week.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
      The only problem I have with the "Tiger Show" is he gets more coverage than the guys who are winning or are even in contention most times. I want to see the shots being made by the guys who are playing well that week, regardless of who it is. Paul Casey should have been given more coverage than Tiger but i had to listen to the "Tiger Show" all day and even after the tournament. If he is playing well or hits a great shot then show and talk about him, otherwise forget him just like all the rest who don't have it that week.
      Your exactly right.
      I dont mind watching him when he is playing good but a couple years ago they were showing his every shot and he was missing the cut and could not make a 10 foot chip shot look good.
      Show the players that are playing good, the good shots from the rest of the field and dont mention tiger in every sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Your exactly right.
        I dont mind watching him when he is playing good but a couple years ago they were showing his every shot and he was missing the cut and could not make a 10 foot chip shot look good.
        Show the players that are playing good, the good shots from the rest of the field and dont mention tiger in every sentence.
        Those other players don't make the ratings go up 180% from the previous year. It is what it is, people who don't play or watch golf tune in to see what he's doing. Good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          Dang bro, it's just wrong, no way you can justify it. You used the word "judge" in your post, how apropos. If your child misses a pitch and drops an F bomb are you going to say, Oh well, 99% of athletes do it...
          That's it, "it's just wrong".

I admit I'm not a fan for several reasons. I am glad I no longer have the bet I had with a good friend. I took par against TW in every Major from the Summer of the 8 iron until last year. In its time it was a moneymaker. Also that he would not break Jack's record by 2015 or 2016.
          I still don't believe he will win another Major.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
            That's it, "it's just wrong".

I admit I'm not a fan for several reasons. I am glad I no longer have the bet I had with a good friend. I took par against TW in every Major from the Summer of the 8 iron until last year. In its time it was a moneymaker. Also that he would not break Jack's record by 2015 or 2016.
            I still don't believe he will win another Major.
            Many years ago someone ask Lee Trevino if Tiger would break Jacks record. Lee said something like No way! His swing is way to violent and he won't hold up physically.

He won't win another major because he is mentally and physically weaker now.
            Golf takes way more than it gives.

I was told a long time ago while I was coaching football, by an old old football coach.

The mental is to physical as 3 is to 1.

After coaching golf for a long time I think golf is like 10 is to 1!!!!!

Comment

I enjoy watching Tiger, and it seems so does most of the golfing public. He still has the largest crowds following him around the course. TV advertisers like him because he pulls in a larger viewing audience.

I hope he wins 5 more majors.

Comment

I think he is close to winning a tournament and maybe a major whether peeps like it or not. If he can stay healthy hie mental edge will come back and he can certainly pull of a win or a few IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                  I stopped watching when he threw out an F Bomb after a bad chip. What a great Role Module
                  Surely this is a joke... Let he who has never dropped an F bomb cast the first stone...
                  Last edited by johnpaul; 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I was not sure if Tiger would ever make it back to a competitive level. When he attempted earlier comebacks his body and mental state looked totally broken down to the point i thought he was done. Now he looks very comfortable with his entire bag. IF his back holds up Tiger will most likely win another major but he will not catch Jack. That you can take to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      I think he is close to winning a tournament and maybe a major whether peeps like it or not. If he can stay healthy hie mental edge will come back and he can certainly pull of a win or a few IMHO
                      I don't know how some on here think he won't win another major. We are talking about a guy who just made his comeback to golf after battling injuries off and on for over 3 years and he finished Top 5 on the PGA Tour in back to back weeks ... There are a lot of pros who won't have 2 Top 5 finishes in their career! I used to not be a big Tiger fan but I love a good comeback story and like watching him succeed now.

Comment

I think it is good for the sport when he does well. I am indifferent about him, obviously he is a great golfer. It would be a cool story having arguably the best golfer ever fall apart so quickly, everyone thinking he would never come back to be successful only to get right back at the top again. It could be one of those never give up for a good reminder/teaching opportunity for us all.

I do have a hard time overlooking all the knuckle headed things he has done in the past though. Also you read some stuff or hear in interviews with people that know him and they say that he makes his friends or caddie pick up the bill for meals/drinks and things of that nature. Guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars and not only does he not pick up the tab but he makes the people he is with pay for his.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                          I was not sure if Tiger would ever make it back to a competitive level. When he attempted earlier comebacks his body and mental state looked totally broken down to the point i thought he was done. Now he looks very comfortable with his entire bag. IF his back holds up Tiger will most likely win another major but he will not catch Jack. That you can take to the bank.
                          If he could ever figure out how to hit a driver he'd easily catch Jack. I can't even fathom how someone can be a professional golfer and hit a driver as bad as he does.

Comment

Tiger drives the bus.....
                            Ratings have exploded over the last month....CBS, NBC are drooling all over themselves because he is back...look at the crowds following him.

I wish him well, and hope he is there on Sunday at Augusta....my favorite sporting event of the year and if he is close or in the lead its gonna be fun again.

I love the way DJ plays golf, but the man looks like he couldn't care in the least....

P.S. I don't understand how Tiger can have that much talent and cant come close to a fairway with the heavy lumber....baffling

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              I think it is good for the sport when he does well. I am indifferent about him, obviously he is a great golfer. It would be a cool story having arguably the best golfer ever fall apart so quickly, everyone thinking he would never come back to be successful only to get right back at the top again. It could be one of those never give up for a good reminder/teaching opportunity for us all.

I do have a hard time overlooking all the knuckle headed things he has done in the past though. Also you read some stuff or hear in interviews with people that know him and they say that he makes his friends or caddie pick up the bill for meals/drinks and things of that nature. Guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars and not only does he not pick up the tab but he makes the people he is with pay for his.
                              LOL! Where have you heard or read that?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
                                Those other players don't make the ratings go up 180% from the previous year. It is what it is, people who don't play or watch golf tune in to see what he's doing. Good or bad.
                                That has nothing to do with the commentary of the event.
                                When he sucks or not even in the field those of us who watch weekly for years do care to hear about him. And neither do the people tuning in to see him.
                                When he is in the field and doing good.....show him.
                                When he is at home or 6 over par....dont.

Comment

Working...
                                X