Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Amazon is doing a victory lap for fighting Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember regretting that I didn't buy Amazon when it hit $300 because I loved the concept.... They may rule the world of retail very soon....

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      You think it doesn't work? Or what?
      Of course it CAN work but you have to have a unified group willing to follow through.

I remember the Cuban revolution and the fact that sugar more than doubled in price once the US embargo took effect. Enough Americans stopped or slowed their purchases of sugar and sugar prices came back down to normal again.

Also, during the 50s Eisenhower had several black ops running in South and Central America causing coffee prices to sore. Same thing happened when enough people quit buying coffee. The prices went back to normal.

My parents were part of the Americans that did without instead of paying unrealistic prices. It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with their pocket book. They were adults during the Great Depression and watched their money closely. They were also accustom to doing without.

Mine and younger generations are to spoiled to really make a difference by boycotting anything. And yes I'm as spoiled as the rest.

But it can work.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        LOL amazon could have fully funded Hillary's campaign and I'd still use them. If you go around disassociating yourself from every company that makes decisions you don't like, you'll end up sewing your own shirts.
        true dat

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
          I think EBay is on the boycot list because you can't buy guns or gun parts there, the CEO is very liberal, and you have no idea what the political leaning is of the person you are buying from anyway.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
          You can't buy a gun there but you can buy gun parts.

Here's a quick search result"

182,592 results for gun parts

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            Have you tried Walmart's new subscription free 2-day shipping? I didn't think so.
            I did, it sucks. Ordered on the 3rd item arrived on the 8th. Item was like $300 and was supposed to be 2 day shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              You can't buy a gun there but you can buy gun parts.

Here's a quick search result"

182,592 results for gun parts
              Firearms are not allowed. Listings for allowed firearm parts and accessories must follow strict guidelines.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazon has their hands in WAAYYYY more than people realize. Not just the stuff with their name on it. It would be dang near impossible to boycott them if you use the internet frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                  Of course it CAN work but you have to have a unified group willing to follow through.

I remember the Cuban revolution and the fact that sugar more than doubled in price once the US embargo took effect. Enough Americans stopped or slowed their purchases of sugar and sugar prices came back down to normal again.

Also, during the 50s Eisenhower had several black ops running in South and Central America causing coffee prices to sore. Same thing happened when enough people quit buying coffee. The prices went back to normal.

My parents were part of the Americans that did without instead of paying unrealistic prices. It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with their pocket book. They were adults during the Great Depression and watched their money closely. They were also accustom to doing without.

Mine and younger generations are to spoiled to really make a difference by boycotting anything. And yes I'm as spoiled as the rest.

But it can work.

JC
                  That is my point. Most only boycott when something really ticks them off OR if it's something they can easily live without. Otherwise they make excuses and move on.

For example switch 84 lumber and Amazon. The results would be the same as now. Everyone swears they will never have anything to do with 84 Lumber. But since we all love Amazon boycotts are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Craigslist
                    There ya go, now your talking. I purchase for my friend, who is overseas 2 years but really care for your goods. He say I get check from you then I send back double for your trouble. Wire goods to_________

I hate craigslist, not cracking on you personally, just the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      LOL amazon could have fully funded Hillary's campaign and I'd still use them. If you go around disassociating yourself from every company that makes decisions you don't like, you'll end up sewing your own shirts.
                      Lol!

Comment

Ok let's be reasonable here.

I will agree to send them a very strongly worded email.
                        I will never set foot in 84 lumber
                        I will continue my on going boycott of Kanye west music
                        But I'm addicted to sitting at my house and ordering everything from car parts to root beer making equipment, don't make me give that up.

I'll even boycott broccoli and asparagus

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                          Ok let's be reasonable here.

I will agree to send them a very strongly worded email.
                          I will never set foot in 84 lumber
                          I will continue my on going boycott of Kanye west music
                          But I'm addicted to sitting at my house and ordering everything from car parts to root beer making equipment, don't make me give that up.

I'll even boycott broccoli and asparagus
                          You need to add you will not listen to the Dixie Chicks.........oh and Beyoncé. Way before the BS I never listened to em anyway. Don't shop at Target either. I get your point. Lots of stuff that can be boycotted. Lot of stuff we need though.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                            You need to add you will not listen to the Dixie Chicks.........oh and Beyoncé. Way before the BS I never listened to em anyway. Don't shop at Target either. I get your point. Lots of stuff that can be boycotted. Lot of stuff we need though.
                            If I knew how to spell fastitious , I would say that's what I was being.
                            Everyone has to decide for themselves what they can and can't put up with.
                            But I'm serious about Kanye and his music... And broccoli

Comment

cant let that get in the way of my free two day shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                                Syrian Refugees only accounted for <15% of refugees into the US in 2016. Almost half of the refugees that came to the US last year were Christian.
                                The statistic I heard was that of all the Muslim immigrants in the US, only 12% come from any of the banned nations. So 88% of the Muslim immigrants were not affected by the travel ban in any way. That's why it's disingenuous to call it a Muslim ban.

Comment

Working...
                                X