Clear All

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    Feeder didn't spin at my bow stand . Frustrating
    How come?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Feeder didn't spin at my bow stand . Frustrating
      Did yo find out what the problem was? Spinner stuck? Battery dead?

Comment

It was an issue with the timer but I got it running again. Definitely fed Saturday night so it's good to go. Just frustrating bc of all the prep that goes into bow hunting plus the trip out there then staring out of an empty window for a couple hunts

Comment

It was an issue with the timer but I got it running again. Definitely fed Saturday night so it's good to go. Just frustrating bc of all the prep that goes into bow hunting plus the trip out there then staring out of an empty window for a couple hunts
          Yup that does suck. Just like the time my camera got jacked with. All the time away from family and all the money spent into making for a good season and then something so small happens. Hopefully it stay working until next time

Comment

I feel your pain. I had a plastic funnel in my feeder year before last. It kept having issues throwing corn and I thought I had a big clump of something in there that kept plugging it up. I finally got tired of it not throwing and took it apart. Between the weight of the corn and the west Texas heat, it melted it a little and was sitting crooked in the barrel. I have since replaced it with a metal funnel and no more issues.

It is a long way out there and to have feeder/vehicle/camp problems definitely makes it frustrating.

Glad you got it fixed!

Comment

Young studs. These are my favorite young bucks on our lease. They are off limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man those will be a beast in a couple years. How old do you have them at? Can't tell with those photos

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
                  Man those will be a beast in a couple years. How old do you have them at? Can't tell with those photos

I think they are 4 yr olds. This is them last year.

Comment

Well crap! My dang UTV won't be ready to go this weekend. The master cylinder went out two weeks ago and the new one won't be delivered until next week. And, since I have to work the next two Saturdays after that I wont be going until the last weekend of the season. Only to turn around and go back the opening weekend of gun season. I'm about to lose my sh**!

Comment

Sorry man. That sucks

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                        Well crap! My dang UTV won't be ready to go this weekend. The master cylinder went out two weeks ago and the new one won't be delivered until next week. And, since I have to work the next two Saturdays after that I wont be going until the last weekend of the season. Only to turn around and go back the opening weekend of gun season. I'm about to lose my sh**!
                        Dag that does suck! Are you able to get close with your truck and walk the rest of the way?
                        I have about a 300-400 hard walk from where I park to my stand

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
                          Dag that does suck! Are you able to get close with your truck and walk the rest of the way?
                          I have about a 300-400 hard walk from where I park to my stand

Not without putting a lot of Texas pin-striping on it. And I'm too OCD for that. My stand is a loooooong way from the house, on top of a hill. If I killed something I'd have to quarter it up and pack it out.

This UTV is a Diamo Discovery 500. I bought it brand new in 2006 when they first came out. It's been a good machine, but 10 or 11 years of hunting north of Van Horn and now Dryden are starting to take its toll. Additionally, parts are very hard to find for it. I think the guy that's working on it is using Massimo parts, but i'm not for sure.

So, now I'm looking around for a new one. I'm leaning towards the Mule FXT, but I've seen an old Samurai here in town for sale too.
                          Last edited by SabreKiller; 10-05-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Kind of off subject but figured I'd ask here since it's all pretty much the same terrain. Do you have a set minimum distance between stand locations? Not necessarily talking about safety, but also to avoid pulling deer from feeders?

Comment

Need a lease trailer in Val Verde Co?

Just posted our travel trailer from the property for sale in the classifieds. It's a few miles down Blue Hills Rd off of 1024.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                                Kind of off subject but figured I'd ask here since it's all pretty much the same terrain. Do you have a set minimum distance between stand locations? Not necessarily talking about safety, but also to avoid pulling deer from feeders?

We don't have a given distance, just what makes sense for safety and hunting based on the terrain. We have a feeder about every 150 acres, not because we hunt that many people, but so that we have plenty of places to hunt based on what the deer are doing. Only two of them are so close that the deer might hit them the same hunt. The rest are separated by rugged terrain and don't seem to share deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X