Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24511380

This is a pin dropped on my lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I can get to the ranch I'm golden. It dries pretty quick where we are at and there are only a few mud holes to watch for.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
        [ATTACH]874417[/ATTACH]

I'm the same place as you...
        My accu weather was telling me 20% on Friday and now it shows 70%
        I guess it hadn't refreshed. Hopefully when I go it will be clear and cold!!!

Comment

They are calling for 7-10 inches of rain over the next few days. If that happens we may not be able to get to our camp from the blacktop.

Comment

Hope that doesn't happen to ya. That area can flash flood quickly. One of our guys was headedto the lease last month and hit a T Storm driving the Juno cutoff at night. He had to turn around and stay in ozona that night because there was a river across that road.

Comment

Originally posted by jheflinland View Post
              They are calling for 7-10 inches of rain over the next few days. If that happens we may not be able to get to our camp from the blacktop.

This is exactly why I'm gong to wait a week. I've got 17 miles of dirt road and several low areas to cross. Those low areas are all dry creek beds, but when it rains like this they turn into raging torrents. There was a flood through our lease sometime this spring/summer and it completely washed out access to a couple of stands. A couple of lease members took a skid steer out there and made us new path.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                This is exactly why I'm gong to wait a week. I've got 17 miles of dirt road and several low areas to cross. Those low areas are all dry creek beds, but when it rains like this they turn into raging torrents. There was a flood through our lease sometime this spring/summer and it completely washed out access to a couple of stands. A couple of lease members took a skid steer out there and made us new path.

Looks like me and the hunters around us are in a waiting game. Both of my neighbors called yesterday asking what my plans were. We've only had a little over an inch so far. If the creek beds are up and running water there's nothing we can do about it. If they aren't we will probably take rangers in and leave trucks and trailers a little ways in from the blacktop.

Comment

As of noon yesterday we have received 4.5" so far a few miles north of Loma Alta.

Comment

4.5 in Del Rio. been raining off and on last three days through out val verde. You felllas be safe, have fun and fling some arrows when you get down here. In for the LDPs

Comment

I've been watching...

the RADAR intently. Looks like we got some good rain in the northwest portion of the county, just not sure how much. I'm hoping its not too much and the roads don't get washed out too bad. It doesn't take too much water to get the rocks rolling.

Comment

Sitting this weekend out. I'll be going next Thursday, instead.

By my calculation, that should be just enough time for all the gnats to hatch!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	24513308

They haven't measured much at the Pecos station near Pandale.

Comment

Link to info.

water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Comment

Appears that its raining on my lease right now according to the RADAR.

Comment

TXDOT has some Road closures due to flooding. We have had around 4 inches at our place since Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X