No announcement yet.

New Home Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt, still a great price. Prices are just getting crazy high.

Comment

webb09-pm me I don't want to hijack this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeter View Post
        webb09-pm me I don't want to hijack this thread. Thanks.
        Will do

Comment

Unless they have built the house they have little idea what the actual house will cost to build. Two houses with the same sqft can build at totally different price points so builders try to cover for unforeseen issues if they have to bid a custom house per sqft. I would see if he would go flat rate on his builders fees and then give me a ballpark figure of what he thinks it will cost to build. Issue is you eat any overages but its the only way to have all the cards on the table in my opinion. I would ask him to let me see all invoices. Also I would allow him to use the subs he normally uses and I wouldn't be big on getting bids because again if you hire them to do the job and the builder has a relationship with them you will get a better price than getting bids due to the fact that they again will cover themselves for unforeseen issues.

Comment

$120-250 per foot.. there are so many moving parts.

$150-175 is going to be more in line with outdoor kitchens, large porches, large garages, etc..

it also depends on the square foot. at 2700' there isn't a lot of extra footage to spread the per foot price across. a 4000' home with a lot of bedroom footage or living room footage area is going to be cheaper per square foot. a 2700' house with a large kitchen and extravagant master bathroom is going to be expensive per square foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
              Unless they have built the house they have little idea what the actual house will cost to build. Two houses with the same sqft can build at totally different price points so builders try to cover for unforeseen issues if they have to bid a custom house per sqft. I would see if he would go flat rate on his builders fees and then give me a ballpark figure of what he thinks it will cost to build. Issue is you eat any overages but its the only way to have all the cards on the table in my opinion. I would ask him to let me see all invoices. Also I would allow him to use the subs he normally uses and I wouldn't be big on getting bids because again if you hire them to do the job and the builder has a relationship with them you will get a better price than getting bids due to the fact that they again will cover themselves for unforeseen issues.
              Customers/Clients with these concerns are usually more satisfied entering into a Cost Plus Contract.

Comment

Sent you a PM OP

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  140-150 is stupid high

This makes me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    From a lender that deals with lots of different builders that customers bring to the table I can say that if I was to ever build a home I would be VERY willing to pay an extra $10-$20/sqft to use one of the local quality builders in my area and not one of the best bang for your buck builders in my local area. There is a BIG difference between a good builder and a top notch builder and it WILL cost you some more $ to have the Top Notch builder complete the home for you. If your builder is one of the top notch builders then I would not worry about your bid being $10-$15/ft over what you were expecting. If that puts the home out of your budget then accept that fact and wait another 6 months to start and save some more $ between now and then
                    You say that but the appraisals you bankers use on the loans rarely gives a premium for the builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                      I've only got one quote. I also just found out he forgot to include the septic system at another $5,500. That comes out to $128 sq ft now including septic and dirt work.
                      Along the build, you will find out more forgotten stuff to raise the price. I sub contracted out my own 3500sqft home and made it custom. I was quoted $130 originally and did it myself for $95sqft in south Texas.. Everything went off without a hitch, no snags. I was blessed during those 7months. Good luck with yours, you need to build a good relationship with your builder and get along. If he doesn't hunt or fish, he's not your man for the job!!

Comment

Don't get too caught up in the price per sqft amount. Look up some comparable sales in your area to see if your builder is in the ballpark.

Come up with how much your willing to spend and go from there. Tack on another $30K for the extras you will upgrade too during the build.

Comment

can someone give a ballpark price range on brick vs stone vs siding/hardie board? we like the farm house look with siding but most neighborhoods now require 60-80% masonry on exteriors, just curious what the cost differences are. is it going to save us money doing 60% brick and 40% siding as opposed to 100% brick?

Comment

The sky's the limit when you build a custom home. The house built down the street from me was built for 270 a square foot. So when you see that bull everything else doesn't look so bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X