No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw Gomez helmet fall off on his wild swing in the Texas game. Can't be because their "leadership" was gonna handle that

Comment

Corkscrew.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

SO! Here's the real question! What arm do we rent this year?!? We are one pitcher away from being a real WS contender. IMO.

Who's out there on his last year on a crap team?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          SO! Here's the real question! What arm do we rent this year?!? We are one pitcher away from being a real WS contender. IMO.

Who's out there on his last year on a crap team?
          Looks like Harvey may be on his way out of New York.. Quintana has sucked it up so far this year but may just need a change of scenery

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            I just saw Gomez helmet fall off on his wild swing in the Texas game. Can't be because their "leadership" was gonna handle that
            Ha...he went 0-4 with 4 K's

Comment

Go Astros!

I know season is still early but the Astros have a winning team. Next series is against the Yankees in NY. Lets hope they win another series.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                Ha...he went 0-4 with 4 K's
                So beautiful it almost brings a tear to my eye...

Comment

Top two teams in the East and top two teams in the central coming up next.

This is going to be interesting.

Comment

Gomez's contact issues are starting to become a growing concern; he's whiffed in 43.9 percent of his plate appearances over his last nine contests and has recorded just five hits in 34 at-bats. The 31-year-old saw his strikeout rate tick up dramatically last season and hasn't shown much improvement in that regard in 2017, so it may be unwise to count on his batting average rebounding dramatically from its current .219 mark.

Comment

Really looking forward to the Yankees series. I feel like it will be a true test of their abilities to win on the road against a good team

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Gomez's contact issues are starting to become a growing concern; he's whiffed in 43.9 percent of his plate appearances over his last nine contests and has recorded just five hits in 34 at-bats. The 31-year-old saw his strikeout rate tick up dramatically last season and hasn't shown much improvement in that regard in 2017, so it may be unwise to count on his batting average rebounding dramatically from its current .219 mark.
                        The best thing about Gomez is that he's no longer an Astro.

Comment

yep going to be a nail biter series...
                          Get up on them early....add per inning, and let the bullpen do work....

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            The best thing about Gomez is that he's a Ranger and no longer an Astro.

Fixed it 4 ya

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Fixed it 4 ya
                              Oh I thought it, I was just trying to be politically correct for the trolls peeking in to see what the fans of the team with the best record in baseball were talking about!

Comment

Boom!

But....as a life long Houston fan I know the slump is coming...I just hope we can ride this wave longer than we are used to riding waves (1 or 2 months).

Comment

Working...
                                X