X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
      Was not bad getting in and out. My boy had a blast! Wish I could post the video of him screaming his lungs out.
      Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Just got home...was there from 10am till almost 3... parked in my 'secret spot' and walked...
      Soooooooo many people..but good atmosphere ...had a great time...kids saw all of them from our shoulders.
      Breggy looked like he was having a blast.
      Good seeing biggio and bagwell in it...
      They had to extend the route there was so many people..

Cons... on way out...saw a group of jackasses stand on top of a police car... told a cop that we saw about a block down but that roof was crushed... stupid people...

Kids are beat...we are beat...
      But...Houston...
      Houston is a Championship city.
      Love me some Stros.
      That is something they will always remember. Good dad awards all round.

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
      Altuve didn't look too thrilled when he came through our area. Maybe he was just soaking it in.
      I noticed Jose a couple of times and he really didn't look much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        That is something they will always remember. Good dad awards all round.

I noticed Jose a couple of times and he really didn't look much into it.
        We were screaming MVP, and it looked like he was a little ******.

Well seems the Astros picked up his option for next year at 6.5 million before the parade. He took the deal, which was favorable to the Astros a couple years ago. Altuve would have been a free agent this winter. No telling how much he could have made.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
          Filling up fast now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Hey I walked right bayou.
          How early were you there?
          I got there about 930

Comment

Think Jose might be a little drained... he doesn't do the adolation thing much.. pretty reserved guy from what I've seen/read/heard from my boy...... which is A LOT since he's my boy's baseball hero..

Comment

Looks like folks had a good time. Congratulations again, both for winning and beat beating both the Yankees AND the Dodgers- the 2 teams I love to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup Jose and Marwin got club options picked up.

Comment

Not that 6 mm is chump change, but Altuve is waaaayyyyy underpaid.

Comment

Something bout this...just feels right.

Comment

I mean, did he think they weren't going to exercise the option? You signed the deal, you will get paid at some point, but not yet. You and Singleton signed, Springer said no. He was smarter than yall. Get over it. You will get paid someday. It aint like you're no making ****, just not what you're worth.

Comment

Possible boras was/is chirping in his ear... guys a scumbag.. and the reason beer is $13

Comment

Just because they picked up the option doesnt mean he still cant get paid soon. The Astros can sign him at any point to a richer longer term deal. Of course it would come at somewhat of a discount to take a deal now instead of waiting and testing the full market but that is just business. They also have an option for 2019 at 6.5 million. I hope they get a multi year contract done paying him closer to what he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Just because they picked up the option doesnt mean he still cant get paid soon. The Astros can sign him at any point to a richer longer term deal. Of course it would come at somewhat of a discount to take a deal now instead of waiting and testing the full market but that is just business. They also have an option for 2019 at 6.5 million. I hope they get a multi year contract done paying him closer to what he deserves.
                            I thought their new slogan was "Earn it"?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              I thought their new slogan was "Earn it"?
                              He has earned it. It would be very smart of the Astros to lock him up for more than the next two years if he is willing to take a reasonable discount to get paid a few year earlier. Regardless, they have him for at least two years as well as all the other core pieces of this team.

Comment

He'll get paid. It was never about the money for him... as much as the team took a chance on him (@ 15k...).. he believed in the system... and signed for what he did.. but..
                                Boras enters the picture...
                                He'll get his money..hes definitely earned it.. but this is not a short term team or system..
                                No one and dones here.

Comment

Working...
                                X