No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not.. family is up early... getting ready to meet up with friends and head to spend a day downtown.. (where...i spend..everyday...but I digress)...
    Got our championship gear ..and excited as hell to yell at those boys that busted their asses and brought home the ship as only they could...playing loose and playing fast...
    Love this team.

Hanging the WS championship pennant in sons room in bit too...to add to his collection...important moment in this household.

Heard verlander won't be at the parade as he's headed to Italy to marry some chick...
    Guess we can give him a pass on that...

Last edited by systemnt; 11-03-2017, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Heard verlander won't be at the parade as he's headed to Italy to marry some chick...
      Guess we can give him a pass on that...
      Ah man, but I literally love Justin Verlander! (said in my best Altuve voice)

Comment

So how many TBH's will be down at the parade today? I'll be leaving work at about 10:30 to head down there.

Comment

Will be on TV here in Bryan today. Will be watching. Y'all enjoy the live action.

Comment

Originally posted by CFBASEBALL09 View Post
            So how many TBH's will be down at the parade today? I'll be leaving work at about 10:30 to head down there.
            My son's school is allowing them ditch school to attend the parade. We are heading down around 10 am.

Comment

Bring umbrellas! Praying the rain holds out but forecast is for 50% chance during the parade. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                Ah man, but I literally love Justin Verlander! (said in my best Altuve voice)
                I literally...Lub..Justin Berlander

That cracked me up when he said that.

Comment

Y'all better come on! The parade route is already filling up. Smith Street is a sea of orange shirts. They have people lined up on both sides of the street in lawn chairs waving their Astros signs. Maybe they should have made a bigger route! Gonna be packed.... as well it should be!

Comment

Ain't enough gold in fort Knox to make me go downtown and fight that crowd and traffic!! I'm glad they won, but dang.....!!!
                    Y'all have fun and yell one time for me!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Ain't enough gold in fort Knox to make me go downtown and fight that crowd and traffic!! I'm glad they won, but dang.....!!!
                      Same for me. I gave it about half a second's thought of going and then rapidly came to my senses.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                        Same for me. I gave it about half a second's thought of going and then rapidly came to my senses.
                        Yep. Im too grouchy to be around that many folks. Yall have fun down there.

Comment

I just drove through Downtown (not on the parade route) and saw a lot of people walking that way at 9:00 am. Kinda wish I was going but see RTP's post above mine.

Comment

Was planning on going till I started hearing about the crowds building at 8. I don’t think my kids would even be able to see.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Yep. Im too grouchy to be around that many folks. Yall have fun down there.
                              Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I just drove through Downtown (not on the parade route) and saw a lot of people walking that way at 9:00 am. Kinda wish I was going but see RTP's post above mine.
                              I guess we now see who the real Astro fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                                I guess we now see who the really old Astro fans are.
                                Fixed it for ya

Comment

Working...
                                X