2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Perfect fan don't know about that.....but Ive been a faithful fan for about 45 yrs. probably one of the few who still went to games and watched during those 100 lose season. No bandwagon fan here. Btw, the Astros are going to light Colon up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Dad, God rest his soul has you beat. He has been a fan since they started playing in Texas in 1962 as the Houston Colt 45’s. I watched them when they got on TV a little hack in the days. At least he has the best seat in heaven to watch his beloved Stros. Sure miss him!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
      Did someone steal rtps log in?

Trust me. I have the crow already cooked and in the freezer. I hope I get a huge helping of it. I can't wait for ZZ to say I told ya so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        My Dad, God rest his soul has you beat. He has been a fan since they started playing in Texas in 1962 as the Houston Colt 45’s. I watched them when they got on TV a little hack in the days. At least he has the best seat in heaven to watch his beloved Stros. Sure miss him!

God Bless him. I hope he gets to see the finish he wasn't able to here on earth.

Comment

Trust me. I have the crow already cooked and in the freezer. I hope I get a huge helping of it. I can't wait for ZZ to say I told ya so.

You know I'm only kidding. Did have to double take to make sure i read it right.

Comment

God Bless him. I hope he gets to see the finish he wasn't able to here on earth.

I would at this point have to agree. I cannot tell you how many times when I was growing up he use to go out in his 56 Olds 88 and listen to them on the radio.

Comment

Cook it OLD CUBAN style... ive found it helps. ;

Comment

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

You know I'm only kidding. Did have to double take to make sure i read it right.

Oh I know. It's all good on these threads. I do think Hinch knows who's the Alpha Dog is in that dugout though. In this day and age of pulling your starter early and going to the bullpen the Astros have 16 innings and 1 run given up in two games by their starters. That is pretty heady stuff. Hoping Salty can do the same.

Last edited by rtp; 10-14-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Amen!!!!

Comment

I would at this point have to agree. I cannot tell you how many times when I was growing up he use to go out in his 56 Olds 88 and listen to them on the radio.

That's good stuff.

Comment

That's a cool memory.

Comment

Dodgers beat cubs tonight...

Comment

So I have worn the same clothes for the past two wins (it's shorts and a Columbia shirt)

What's the protocol from here on out as to wash or not to wash? No way I can break the streak now right?

I figure keep it how it is until they lose...
                          From "Bull Durham", if you think you're winning because your getting laid or wearing women's underwear then you are

Comment

So I have worn the same clothes for the past two wins (it's shorts and a Columbia shirt)

What's the protocol from here on out as to wash or not to wash? No way I can break the streak now right?

I figure keep it how it is until they lose...
                            Washed before the series started, put it on before the game and take off after. Will continue. IF they drop one (not using the L word) I will wash it then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170822_181721 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	24514582

Comment

Astros will pick up their next two wins in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Astros will pick up their next two wins in NY.
                                I'm on board with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X