• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Nice gesture for sure on their part.
    Classy move unlike some others.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
      Classy move unlike some others.
      I typed several other sentences after that brief one only to hit the backspace bar. My view has changed forever. I will leave it at that.

Comment

Looking forward to the month of September. Can they find a way to make the bullpen productive? What will Fiers status be with the Verlander acquisition?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          Looking forward to the month of September. Can they find a way to make the bullpen productive? What will Fiers status be with the Verlander acquisition?
          I think if Harris finds his way back to form this month after that DL stint, the Astros are going to have an extremely strong bullpen. A bullpen in the playoffs that features, Giles, Devo, Musgrove, Harris and Peacock gives me a lot of confidence.

McCullers coming back next week is going to push someone else from the starting rotation as well.

Comment

Let's hope so but there is still Fiers. I think I'd rather see Peacock as a starter over Fiers.

Comment

Speak of the devil, just saw who's pitching today. Was hoping for a sweep.

Correa is playing today.

Comment

Let's hope so but there is still Fiers. I think I'd rather see Peacock as a starter over Fiers.
                Agree. I dont see Fiers being a starter for the rest of the regular season or the playoffs. Once McCullers comes back I think you are going to see a rotation in no particular order of Keuchel, Morton, Verlander, McCullers and McHugh.

Comment

Speak of the devil, just saw who's pitching today. Was hoping for a sweep.

Correa is playing today.
                  Today will be Fiers last start for the year if everyone else can stay healthy for the duration.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Agree. I dont see Fiers being a starter for the rest of the regular season or the playoffs. Once McCullers comes back I think you are going to see a rotation in no particular order of Keuchel, Morton, Verlander, McCullers and McHugh.

Maybe Correa's return will spark enough runs today to stay ahead of the ones Fiers gives up.

Comment

Also, once the playoffs start, they will only need 4 starters max, so another of those guys will go to the bullpen. Morton would be a beast coming out of the bullpen I think. Throws gas and is generally very good the first time through a lineup.

Comment

I like that their fielding is so strong too. They can move guys to any position and they can play it...well! Correa comes back and Bregman has done well at ss. They have more guys than positions which is great. People can get rest and stay strong every game. That's a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I won't bad mouth fiers... he stepped up when the team needed him to ...
                          Mccullers better get back to form..hes a question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            That is the biggest question mark for sure.....he rebounds back to form and this team is going to be unstoppable. Regarding Fiers, I wont bad mouth him either. He has been a serviceable 5th starter, eating innings and pitching his best when the team needed him. Just right now there are much better options. It takes an entire 25 man roster to win the whole enchilada and he has been a piece of that. I think the acquisition of Maybin is going to prove to be a solid one come the playoffs. His ability to become a pinch runner late in a game and be able to swipe a base is going to be huge. And he is another absolutely plus defender once he stays in the game after pinch running.

Comment

If Mccullers come back strong, our bullpen may get a lot of rest in September which is a big plus going into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                I'll bad mouth him. He's already started today. Last I looked in the 2nd, two on base with no outs. Gave up two runs in the 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X