No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what ny saw ..but my tv saw him safe..... Got away with that one... but **** what a throw from reddick

Comment

Rally Caps Time

Comment

Yep. Quite a few balls that have been hit really hard but caught. Hopefully they start falling in......or over the fence.

Comment

Crane came out last night and said a deal was done, everything was agreed on in principal. Then the physicals were switched on all the players and then the astros had to veto the trade because of health issues on the player we had just traded for. I'm thinking it was Zack Britton but who knows who it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so your saying they made a deal (presumably britton), but his physical came back neg and it was veto'd?

Thought luhnow said the deals they were trying to make (for britton,etc) all included Fisher, Martes, or Tucker... and they weren't entertaining that.
            Last edited by systemnt; 08-02-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Why the trade didn’t happen

Britton was a dominant closer for Baltimore in 2016. The O’s closer had ERA of 0.54 to go with 74 strikeouts over 67 innings pitched. He has an amazing sinker that goes low in the zone to get a lot of groundouts. Baltimore wanted top prospects for Britton. They also didn’t trade any big players on the roster. It would have cost Houston some top prospects to get Britton.

To land the closer, Houston had to be willing to trade Francis Martes or Kyle Tucker according to reports. The Astros are sticking to their plan of winning now and in the future. Houston has no guarantee how Britton will pitch the stretch.

The boss said no?

Were all the rumors false that the Astros were after Britton? While no names were really used, both Jeff Luhnow and Jim Crane address not making a splash at the trade deadline. In a pregame interview, Luhnow mentioned that there were a few trades that were 90% done. However, there are so many obstacles to get over to get a deal done.
              Sounded more like Orioles owner kept upping the price...
              Either way..Mr.Keuchel aint too happy....
              Last edited by systemnt; 08-02-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Sipp (rt calf soreness)
                hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahah hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahh ahahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahah hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahh ahahhaha
                  I think it is a case of his taint being sore. Im sure many of the players have kicked him there a lot the past two seasons.

Comment

I don't agree with Keuchel's comments. Replacing Sipp with the one guy worse than Sipp should be enough to show him that this organization will do what it takes to give the team what they need to win a WS.

Comment

Hopefully Keuchel will take his frustrations out on the Rays tonight and give the bullpen a break.

Comment

I'm concerned, that if our starters dont start perfoming and going deep...and STOP getting hurt... in that order... the Bullpen will never recover...
                        On the other hand.. the freakin job of the BP is to specifically RELIEVE the starters and be depended upon to come in and perform...
                        Adding one or two guys isnt going to get the others performing where they should be..its still on those guys to do their freakin jobs..

Giles is performing at half speed as a closer too.. theres no intimidation there like say from a kimbrel...

These guys all need to step up..
                        Last edited by systemnt; 08-02-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

This makes sense when you put it with what Lunhow said about being 90% dones. I guessed Zack Britton bc he wasn't traded to anyone, so there must have been something in there that was scaring ppl away. It could have been someone that got traded though, who knows.

Comment

This was a piece from Forbes on the astros not making a move. As analytically driven of an organization that they are it most likely game down to a numbers game in a lot of instances on these guys. It's not what we wanted to see, all of us fans WANTED that big splash move and we're Dissappointed... but now that we have moved on here's the silver lining to the situation

Comment

Kuechel needs to let Luhnow do his job and worry about trying to stay healthy

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

This makes sense when you put it with what Lunhow said about being 90% dones. I guessed Zack Britton bc he wasn't traded to anyone, so there must have been something in there that was scaring ppl away. It could have been someone that got traded though, who knows.

So I guess Sipp was included and the deal got nixed when the Orioles noticed his strained right calf muscle.

Comment

Working...
                                X