2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    What the hell is going on with these guys? Wow. Is he going back on the DL for his head, elbow or shoulder?
    back. but head is probably more correct.

Comment

im fine with it... would've like to see britton in Astros orange..
      glad they didn't sell the farm for him (or anyone else...)...
      but ...gotta get healthy.

and wth is SIPP not DFA'd.

Comment

Rangers fans crying about what they got for Yu. I'm just glad the Astros didn't give up 3 top 30 prospects for a rental arm

Comment

Just depends on where they end up. This year could be the year. If they fall short, they will be kicking themselves. I'm a bit disappointed. Time will tell.

Comment

If missing out on britton means keeping kyle tucker (which I'd bet thats what bal was after), then I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Apparently I have not been watching enough Channel 2 news. This is the gal reporting about Mccullers going back on the DL. Anyone familiar with her?? Goodness!
              Attached Files

Comment

Man when you got a potential world series season you got to go for it 100%. Those types of seasons are just rare rare rare. There's just too many things that can go wrong next year to disrupt the chemistry.. Im not feeling good about this whole pitching situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Man when you got a potential world series season you got to go for it 100%. Those types of seasons are just rare rare rare. There's just too many things that can go wrong next year to disrupt the chemistry.. Im not feeling good about this whole pitching situation.
                  I don't either... oh the life of a Houston sports fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I agree 100%. Hope I'm wrong but I think they screwed up and it will bite them in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                      Good, Where do you get your updates?
                      Twitter
                      Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      im fine with it... would've like to see britton in Astros orange..
                      glad they didn't sell the farm for him (or anyone else...)...
                      but ...gotta get healthy.

and wth is SIPP not DFA'd.
                      Feliz is back in Lances roster spot. I'm assuming Sipp will get Dfa'd tomorrow when Liriano gets here, although they may just send Feliz back down
                      Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      Apparently I have not been watching enough Channel 2 news. This is the gal reporting about Mccullers going back on the DL. Anyone familiar with her?? Goodness!
                      Yes, her dad used to be head football coach at Sam Houston. I think he is now at Tulane. My daughter knows her

Comment

Pretty easy to armchair qb days like today and be ****** at management and forget that they have built what may end up being one of the best Astros teams we have ever seen.

Im sure recency bias doesn't help as we have lost *gasp* two games in a row, but I think this team is still one of the top teams and has as good a shot as any at winning it all.

Comment

Morton looking good so far

Comment

Altuve doing altuve things. Good golly, this team just really sucks (side bar: my auto fill in for what comes after sucks is funnier than I would have figured) since they didn't make any moves today.

Comment

I hope the Astros win it all, i think they should have tried to improve their team like the Dodgers did, should be an interesting October.

Comment

Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow wanted to make a big trade-deadline splash. It didn't happen, though, and the executive didn't hide his disappointment after the fact. The Astros were rumored to be in pursuit of relievers Zach Britton and Justin Wilson, and starters Lance Lynn and Ervin Santana, but in the end, the club added only southpaw Francisco Liriano, from Toronto, who will pitch out of the bullpen. "I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed in not getting some of the moves done that we were working on," Luhnow said Monday post-deadline, according to the Houston Chronicle's Jake Kaplan. "We had some that were close to and almost over the finish line and at times I wouldn't put them at 90-percent plus that we were going to get them done. But there are a lot of dynamics that happen with these deals, and for reasons I can't really talk about they didn't happen. Astros GM Jeff Luhnow on OF Derek Fisher: “Fisher is here and I don’t see him going anywhere."— Jake Kaplan (@jakemkaplan) July 31, 2017 "But I do believe that this team has what it takes to win in the postseason with the players we have. It doesn't mean we didn't try hard to improve those chances even just a little bit. Each little bit that you can improve your chances of winning in the postseason helps and we tried. Early in the trading season the cost was extremely high on all players. They did come down a little bit in certain areas to the point where we thought we had some deals done. And they were deals that we were excited about getting over the finish line. But they didn't happen and so we move on." The Astros remain the class of the American League, with the West all but locked up already. It's clear, though, that Luhnow wanted to push his team over the top - much like the Los Angeles Dodgers did in the National League West.

Appears they were close. But, no cigar.
                                Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-31-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X