2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    I think the Cubs are making the frontrunning Dodgers very nervous. They have started playing really well and are adding some upgraded pieces. Luhnow must have something up his sleeve. Upgrading the bullpen has to be the highest priority I would think.
    Only two areas that need work... starters and Bullpen...
    on one hand.. you get a ace starter...move someone down to BP... both are helped...
    on another you get a couple BP guys... and depend on your remaining starters to do their jobs...

whatever they do...they have to be out of the box guys...and not "sipp in the box" guys ..where they get their retirement package and immediately stop producing..
    need WS hungry guys that are established and CONSISTENT..

I'm afraid for what luhnow is gonna give up... but ...I understand..
    hes ****ed if he does ...****ed if he doesn't... IF it doesn't work out.

Comment

I have been pulling for them to get relief help. I had thought the starters would work things out. With McCullers loosing five in a row though, after coming back from injury, I am leaning toward a starter. Just as the last two games showed, their pitching needs some help. With some pitching upgrades and Springer back, no telling how far this team could go. The guy who whipped them yesterday looked pretty good. LOL
      Last edited by crawdaddct; 07-31-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

The need to get that lefty from the padres and the orioles closer at minimum. I'd like to see them get Gray or Lynn also but idk if they'll want to give that much up. This is the year though if they plan on winning it all.

Comment

And get rid of Sipp and Gregerson.

Comment

Yankees going hard after Gray....

Comment

so.. Yankees are in for Gray....
              Wilson gone to cubs...
              And NO one is talking to Tigers (reportedly) about verlander...
              While the Tigers have drawn interest in Justin Verlander during the run-up to the deadline, there are no active talks as of this morning, per MLB.com’s Jon Morosi (via Twitter). As Morosi notes, that’s of added significance given that Verlander possesses full no-trade rights — meaning he’d need to be afforded some time to approve any deal that might take place
              gotta wonder what luhnow is doing.... might have to walk across the street and see if I can sneak up to the war room at minute maid... put a glass to the door or something...lol

Comment

Luhnow won't go after Verlander. 34 years old, $28 Million 2018, $28 Million 2019 and $22 Million 2020.

They're going to need Sonny Gray and will give up a lot to get him. A starter AND prospects, especially now that it's very apparent they NEED another reliable starter and the fact that The Yankees want him desperately too.
                Last edited by Sackett; 07-31-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

The Angels are marketing right-handed relievers Bud Norris and David Hernandez,

Gray will be wearing pinstripes.
                  •A trade of Gray to the Yankees is “gaining more traction,” tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Sherman adds that a deal is “still not at finish line, but [is] becoming more than less likely now.” In a subsequent tweet, Sherman cautions the A’s could still walk away. Meanwhile, Mark Feinsand of MLB.com has three sources who expect the Yankees to acquire Gray, though they believe it could come down to the final hour.

Comment

The Astros are “on the verge” of acquiring Francisco Liriano from the Blue Jays, reports USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (on Twitter). MLB Network’s Ken Rosenthal reported (also via Twitter) that the two sides were in talks and added that Houston plans to use Liriano as a reliever.

hes a lefty...

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Francisco Liriano. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com
                    Last edited by systemnt; 07-31-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Still in talks about Britton
                      12:28pm: Despite evidently finding a deal for Francisco Liriano, the Astros are still engaged on Britton, per Rosenthal (via Twitter). But teams aren’t sure even at this hour just how inclined Baltimore is to make a deal.

Comment

Im not the biggest fan of the Liriano move but I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

12:33pm: Indeed, an executive with one team even thinks Houston could be close to landing Britton as the team engages in “serious” pursuit of the star lefty, Rosenthal tweets.

Meanwhile, despite some indications to the contrary, Jon Heyman of Fan Rag hears the Orioles would still consider dealing Britton to the Nationals. (Twitter link.) That said, Baltimore is looking for an impact prospect.

Comment

Hopefully they'll cut Sipp now with Liriano

Comment

Liriano is a done deal

Comment

this could mean a bad thing..for Fisher fans..(which should be an astro that seen him play)...
                                12:26pm: The two sides are in agreement on a deal, pending medical review, Shi Davidi of Sportsnet reports (on Twitter). An outfielder is likely headed back to Toronto in the deal, he adds.

Comment

Working...
                                X