No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an era estimator. Generally if you have a large gap between siera and era you can attribute the era to luck or a lack thereof. Generally the era will move closer to the siera over time as regression is bound to happen at some point.

Comment

Lance looks like poo.

Comment

some stats to explain what i'm talking about.

Season strike out rate: 27.6%
        Since DL: 27.7%

season walk rate: 7.5%
        since DL: 8%

ground ball: 63.1%
        since DL: 67.4

hard hit rate: 23.9%
        since DL: 21.8%

So if you look at all these numbers, McCullers has been the same pitcher that he was prior to his DL stint, but has just run into some weird outings.

His siera over his past 6 games is 3.04 and his era over the same games is 4.99. Siera is simlpy saying that given how he has pitched, his era should be 3, and not 5.

Also, most pitchers that induce weak contact at the rate that lance does, typically have a lower era than siera.
        Last edited by snappertapper; 07-23-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
          some stats to explain what i'm talking about.

Season strike out rate: 27.6%
          Since DL: 27.7%

season walk rate: 7.5%
          since DL: 8%

ground ball: 63.1%
          since DL: 67.4

hard hit rate: 23.9%
          since DL: 21.8%

So if you look at all these numbers, McCullers has been the same pitcher that he was prior to his DL stint, but has just run into some weird outings.
          Ah, the deep analytic stuff, which I dont dismiss at all. In fact, I think a lot of that(analytics) is why the Astros are where they are. Watching the games, my eyes tell me a different story. He hasnt looked in control or in command of a game since coming back off of the DL. Im not complaining, just making a general observation. I know he will make a tweak and be back to where he was prior to the DL. He is too competitive not to.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Ah, the deep analytic stuff, which I dont dismiss at all. In fact, I think a lot of that(analytics) is why the Astros are where they are. Watching the games, my eyes tell me a different story. He hasnt looked in control or in command of a game since coming back off of the DL. Im not complaining, just making a general observation. I know he will make a tweak and be back to where he was prior to the DL. He is too competitive not to.
            Oh I didn't take it as complaining, just wanted to give a "well it sucks hes sucking, but on the bright side there may not be anything to really worry about".

Comment

After that inning, maybe he will start to trend back to where he should be!

Comment

Dammit.

Comment

Welp for the 3rd straight game Lance cant get through 5 innings. The Astros have lost his last 3 starts and are behind in this one. I think I jinxed him after that nice 4th inning.

Comment

His siera is full of ****

Comment

Man he has lost it. Trade deadline approaching. They better get an arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Man he has lost it. Trade deadline approaching. They better get an arm.
                        That's a little vague. Who do you think they should go get(better than what they have) and who should they give up?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          That's a little vague. Who do you think they should go get(better than what they have) and who should they give up?
                          Sonny Grey. Give up whatever it takes. If not now, when?

Comment

Nori???
                            Is that you??
                            Nori yard for 3 runs

Comment

And the Stros tie it up again on another 3 run dinger. 6-6 and Lance is off the hook again.

Comment

I think the thing I dislike the most about gregorson is that he takes forever between pitches so you have to wait to see if he ****s the bed...like... now.

Comment

Working...
                                X