2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Rtp isn't allowed to go to anymore games.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I will take the blame for the one loss. I think at 161-1 they will still win the division. Looking forward to keeping the Royals winless. Come on Fiers.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Not sure why he uses Giles in non save situations.......Seen it last year and it ended bad more often then not

A closer can't have the bulldog mentality and F you attitude when he isn't getting a save
      All I know is.."Sipp is warming up in the bullpen" are the 7 most scary, disgusting and aggravating words in Major League Baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Not sure why he uses Giles in non save situations.......Seen it last year and it ended bad more often then not

A closer can't have the bulldog mentality and F you attitude when he isn't getting a save
        I dont know but it is a "thing" in the MLB now. In tie games, you still use your best bullpen guys late in the game.

Feliz looked **** good last night.

I was sitting near the plate on the 3rd base side so seeing pitch location wasnt good. Giles seemed to be getting squeezed by the ump based on the reaction of those directly behind the plate. Probably border line pitches that could have gone either way or they could have just been Homers. What did it look like on TV last night?

Comment

All I know is.."Sipp is warming up in the bullpen" are the 7 most scary, disgusting and aggravating words in Major League Baseball.
          I saw him get up and start throwing and thought Hinch has thrown in the towel lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I dont know but it is a "thing" in the MLB now. In tie games, you still use your best bullpen guys late in the game.

I was sitting near the plate on the 3rd base side so seeing pitch location wasnt good. Giles seemed to be getting squeezed by the ump based on the reaction of those directly behind the plate. Probably border line pitches that could have gone either way or they could have just been Homers. What did it look like on TV last night?

2 pitches could of gone either way. One would of been a K instead of a 1 out walk that changes the inning. They even showed the "k zone" and it was in the lower portion but still in it. Blum was complaining that "it needs to be called a strike". Over and done with but it is part of the game. We will win our fair share this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He got hosed on more than a couple.

Comment

That one FB he got screwed on...it was on the bottom of the K zone down the middle. But as you know thats baseball.

I just don't like the idea of using him, based on his results in this situation. But he also didn't want to use some of those guys 3 days in a row.

Devinski and Feliz look REALLLLYYYY good

Comment

Sound off if you are in the park tnite. Section 102 row 4 here.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    Sound off if you are in the park tnite. Section 102 row 4 here.

I have been exiled

Comment

Rtp isn't allowed at the park anymore.
                      Peanut guy has strict instruction to remove him by the taint if he sneaks in.

Comment

Rtp isn't allowed at the park anymore.
                        Peanut guy has strict instruction to remove him by the taint if he sneaks in.

Ive hired a lobbyist to smooze peanut guy on my behalf.

Im sure he will be willing to look the other way by July.

Comment

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Fiers is just lobbing it up there tonight.

But not terrible.

Last edited by TexaRican; 04-07-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Perfect night for an open roof.

Comment

Wth is wrong with altuve

Comment

Wth is wrong with altuve

He's got the funk for sure. 2 ABs and he has accounted for 3 outs. He has hit into several double plays already this season which seemed to rarely happen in years past. Im blaming it on that stupid WBC. He will get through it but like I said I think a seat on the bench might help him.

Comment

Working...
                                X