No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCullers to the 10 day DL with lower back stiffness. The baseball gods are getting revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by massman View Post
      mccullers to the 10 day dl with lower back stiffness. The baseball gods are getting revenge.
      wow.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
        McCullers to the 10 day DL with lower back stiffness. The baseball gods are getting revenge.

For real. Not good. Literally the whole staff is on the DL except for Fiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          For real. Not good. Literally the whole staff is on the DL except for Fiers.
          On the bright side, musgrove comes off today.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
            On the bright side, musgrove comes off today.

This is true. Plus Fiers has stepped it up in all this turmoil. It definitely sucks but if there was any time to have injuries. Up 13 games and mid summer is much better than September DL stints

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
              Originally posted by rtp View Post
              wow.
              Sounds like the Rangers' starters....unfortunately the bullpen stayed healthy and lost a ton of games for us ..

Comment

I'm beginning to think Fiers has something to do with this...
                it all started happening , literally the day he was sent to the bullpen....

Comment

I heard Luhnow on the radio last week saying they would like to get McCullers some rest during the season. I sure hope they aren't trying to get too cute here. I have suspected that Musgroves injury was made up. Obviously DK and Mortons are legit, but it seems they are trying to limit the young guys innings. It seems they think they can do this because of the big lead. I hope it doesn't bite em in the butt. I believe they are trying to avoid a Strasburg situation. Not sure I like it

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    I heard Luhnow on the radio last week saying they would like to get McCullers some rest during the season. I sure hope they aren't trying to get too cute here. I have suspected that Musgroves injury was made up. Obviously DK and Mortons are legit, but it seems they are trying to limit the young guys innings. It seems they think they can do this because of the big lead. I hope it doesn't bite em in the butt. I believe they are trying to avoid a Strasburg situation. Not sure I like it
                    I thought something like this too.. but during Rangers week?
                    maybe they don't care so much about Rangers series as fans do..and are looking ahead to yank's?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Sounds like the Rangers' starters....unfortunately the bullpen stayed healthy and lost a ton of games for us ..
                      Ummm, I dont think all 5 of the Ranger's starters have been on the DL, correct? But I hear you about the bullpen....the Astros' pen has blown quite a few games lately. I still like the regular pen but they are overworked and the fill ins are career minor leaguers or not quite ready for the Bigs yet youngsters.

Comment

I have thought they would do this at some point but I dont think this is it with so many other Starters on the DL already. I figured McCullers would have an "injury" in late July to early August for about 3 starts.

Comment

No way it's fabricated on Musgrove with the way he was pitching so-so, really pitching for his job. Plus he received a cortisone shot in that arm for the pain. I agree that your horses need rest but you don't fabricate something when you are already paper thin. Doubtful too this is scheduled rest for McCullers when Fiers then becomes your number 1.

Fiers has been an unsung hero in this going 3-0 since this all started though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            No way it's fabricated on Musgrove with the way he was pitching so-so, really pitching for his job. Plus he received a cortisone shot in that arm for the pain. I agree that your horses need rest but you don't fabricate something when you are already paper thin. Doubtful too this is scheduled rest for McCullers when Fiers then becomes your number 1.

Fiers has been an unsung hero in this going 3-0 since this all started though.

You might be right. Kinda funny Luhnow says he wants Lance to get rest and now he's hurt. I think they are playing this disabled list to their advantage now that it's 10 days and not 15

Comment

You might be right. Kinda funny Luhnow says he wants Lance to get rest and now he's hurt. I think they are playing this disabled list to their advantage now that it's 10 days and not 15

I agree with that. Astros seen to make lots of moves playing the numbers. You might be right in the fact that they wanted him rest and used the "tightness" as their ammunition all the while lance probably is tight but not hurt. They set the DL retroactive to the 9th so he would only miss one start. He pitches so violently I just hope it's not serious

Comment

I just saw a picture of tonight's lineup card. Martes is an extra in the starters column

Comment

Working...
                                X