2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starman View Post
    For specificity, 21 games over is a record for this point in a season.

1998, at 102-60, they were 42 over for the season.

So halfway there at the end of May is very impressive. Here's hoping they keep it up.
    Thx, yes in my excitement last night I left that out.

Comment

As a 1970s Astros Buddy Club alumni.....I can say this is the best Astros lineup ever. Even when they went to the WS i never felt like the team was all that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        As a 1970s Astros Buddy Club alumni.....I can say this is the best Astros lineup ever. Even when they went to the WS i never felt like the team was all that great.
        I still think we are one good arm short of winning it all. I bet we see some trade action soon.

Comment

Paulino on the mound this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            My Astro buddy was Rusty Staub.

Comment

The past few years of rebuilding (you know....the years when that other Texas team "owned" us and won all those World Series) is finally paying dividends. Health late in the season and the back end of the rotation are the only 2 causes for concern at this point, but I definitely see management pursuing another starter. Buckle up, boys. It's gonna be an exciting year. Finally!!

Comment

Excited to see Paulino...Hope he can fare better then Musgrove/Fiers.

Keuchel, Mccullers, Peacock is doing well now.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                  My Astro buddy was Rusty Staub.
                  My grandmothers favorite player. She was a huge fan going back to the colt 45s. When she was close to dying we contacted the Astros corporate office and gave them some info about her history as a fan. They sent a very nice gift package to her with some really cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Excited to see Paulino...Hope he can fare better then Musgrove/Fiers.

Keuchel, Mccullers, Peacock is doing well now.
                    If Fiers can have outings like last night more often, he'll be a good back end guy. After that rocky first inning, he really impressed. His breaking ball looked better than it has all year. I do look forward to seeing what Paulino does today. He's really got good stuff.

Comment

Yep. Excited to see what the kid brings and hope he has a good outing.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        If Fiers can have outings like last night more often, he'll be a good back end guy. After that rocky first inning, he really impressed. His breaking ball looked better than it has all year. I do look forward to seeing what Paulino does today. He's really got good stuff.
                        I do agree. He has been working on a changeup and cutter more, which is what he needs.

A 90 MPH FB with a CB is not enough. Needs some left to right movement with his north to south

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          I still think we are one good arm short of winning it all. I bet we see some trade action soon.
                          Who do you think is better? Not necessarily in disagreement that we need another good arm.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            I do look forward to seeing what Paulino does today. He's really got good stuff.
                            6'7" with some pretty good heat and a big breaking ball. If he can put it together he might be real fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                              6'7" with some pretty good heat and a big breaking ball. If he can put it together he might be real fun to watch.
                              Yep. I just worry high ERA in the show last year and 4.5 in the minors this year. Hasn't piece it all together yet it seems

Comment

Here we go

Comment

Working...
                                X