No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow night we have The Star of the Show, Joe West, behind the plate. Double the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      Tomorrow night we have The Star of the Show, Joe West, behind the plate. Double the fun.
      Its all about Cowboy Joe. Just ask him

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        Can't believe Stinky didn't do the bat flip! [emoji23]

He should have. Had it tied the game that would have been epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          He should have. Had it tied the game that would have been epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Jeffress for depriving us of this.

Comment

I knew pitching would be a very touchy spot going into this season. I kept saying that JD needed to secure some legit starting pitching in the off season. Didn't happen and now its a train wreck. I'm certainly no baseball brainiac, but come on, doesn't take someone like JD to see what was gonna happen. I know everyone is bagging on AJ right about now, but lets be honest, AJ is pitching on borrowed time. When your a finesse pitcher who rarely throws a fastball over 88mph and relies heavily on several off speed pitches, you have to be on big time to be successful. I'm a big fan of AJ, I really respect what he has been able to do at times for the Rangers and he's had some great outings, but lets face it, he's not a legit starter who should factor into a true contender's starting rotation. Hammels has been very inconsistent over the past year, really starting after the all star break if I'm remembering correctly. Nick Martinez seems to be more on track than in the past and doing a pretty good job, but he's also one of those guys who's always one step away from slipping. Martin Perez, every year there are high hopes for him and I know he's gotten some bad breaks, just like the last start he had, but again, he seems more on track this year but we will see if he can keep it going. The bullpen is mostly the same ole thing, last year they managed to squeak by, this year, not nearly as lucky. I guess I just don't know what JD was thinking with this pitching staff. I guess at some point it is what it is and you just have to hope for the best.

Hitting and defensive play certainly hasn't been as consistent as it needs to be. The Rangers have been streaky in both areas over the past year and it seems that it will continue that way throughout this season unless they can get things on track and find consistency.

I'm just rambling, go Rangers.
            Last edited by rockyraider; 05-27-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I didn't see this posted:

Red Sox Tie Strikeout Record With 20 Ks Vs. Rangers

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                I didn't see this posted:

Red Sox Tie Strikeout Record With 20 Ks Vs. Rangers

Ouch.
                Stay Classy My Friend And Thanks For Keeping Us Educated On Our Texas Ranger Stats On The Texas Rangers Thread Here On TBH.

Troll Much?

Comment

Stay Classy My Friend And Thanks For Keeping Us Educated On Our Texas Ranger Stats On The Texas Rangers Thread Here On TBH.

Troll Much?
                  Why are all your words capitalized?

Comment

Troll Much?
                    Threads look better without the first rounder quotes. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Threads look better without the first rounder quotes. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      looks like we need a hurt feelings report.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                        I knew pitching would be a very touchy spot going into this season. I kept saying that JD needed to secure some legit starting pitching in the off season. Didn't happen and now its a train wreck. I'm certainly no baseball brainiac, but come on, doesn't take someone like JD to see what was gonna happen. I know everyone is bagging on AJ right about now, but lets be honest, AJ is pitching on borrowed time. When your a finesse pitcher who rarely throws a fastball over 88mph and relies heavily on several off speed pitches, you have to be on big time to be successful. I'm a big fan of AJ, I really respect what he has been able to do at times for the Rangers and he's had some great outings, but lets face it, he's not a legit starter who should factor into a true contender's starting rotation. Hammels has been very inconsistent over the past year, really starting after the all star break if I'm remembering correctly. Nick Martinez seems to be more on track than in the past and doing a pretty good job, but he's also one of those guys who's always one step away from slipping. Martin Perez, every year there are high hopes for him and I know he's gotten some bad breaks, just like the last start he had, but again, he seems more on track this year but we will see if he can keep it going. The bullpen is mostly the same ole thing, last year they managed to squeak by, this year, not nearly as lucky. I guess I just don't know what JD was thinking with this pitching staff. I guess at some point it is what it is and you just have to hope for the best.

Hitting and defensive play certainly hasn't been as consistent as it needs to be. The Rangers have been streaky in both areas over the past year and it seems that it will continue that way throughout this season unless they can get things on track and find consistency.

I'm just rambling, go Rangers.
                        Ramble on brother. Nice work. Griffin is what he is, as are the rest of them. But that "injury" last night wreaks. I guess he knows if he's hurt or not, and i don't. But it doesn't look too good. Oh well. Again, we get the Joe West Show tonight. Good times.

Comment

Why are all your words capitalized?
                          looks like we need a hurt feelings report.
                          Some of you H Town guys just don't catch on too quick do ya?

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
                            some of you h town guys just don't catch on too quick do ya? :d

Comment

2005... believe thats called a drought

Comment

Missed last night due to HS graduation.....enjoying a mid day game today...up 1-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X