Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
        Yessir!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          A little bit of drama but Matt got it done. Lots of those pitches were 100mph. Hello WIN column!

Drama? One double and he shut the rest down. I'll take that all day long. He's no Sam Dyson.

Good win coming back from being down 3-1. We need more of these types of wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Drama? One double and he shut the rest down. I'll take that all day long. He's no Sam Dyson.

Good win coming back from being down 3-1. We need more of these types of wins.
            I said "a little bit" of drama dammit. Now go back to your Rant thread you smart arse!

Comment

I said "a little bit" of drama dammit. Now go back to your Rant thread you smart arse!
              I thought I might have missed some drama while I was ranting..

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                I must investigate...
                It's pretty awesome!

Comment

Nap needs to sit. Period [emoji849]
                  I agree. Nap may be done. I think it is about time for him to be relegated to pinch hit roles and days off for Gallo or Beltre.....if Beltre ever gets back.

There are a lot of free swings by the younger guys but at least they are younger guys. I think the hitting coach has to go. This team has the worst plate discipline I've ever seen. Gomez and Odor get struck out and there will not be a single pitch inside the box of the pitch tracker. Gomez can go up 2-0 in the count and then swing at 3 in a row in the dirt. You can't let a major league pitcher get you out without throwing a pitch in the zone. They are making it too easy for them. It is tough to watch.

Gallo shows some promise and teams pitch to him very carefully. At least he gets a walk here and there. I think he would show a marked improvement with a decent hitter behind him in the lineup that would protect him a little and get him some better pitches to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    I agree. Nap may be done. I think it is about time for him to be relegated to pinch hit roles and days off for Gallo or Beltre.....if Beltre ever gets back.

There are a lot of free swings by the younger guys but at least they are younger guys. I think the hitting coach has to go. This team has the worst plate discipline I've ever seen. Gomez and Odor get struck out and there will not be a single pitch inside the box of the pitch tracker. Gomez can go up 2-0 in the count and then swing at 3 in a row in the dirt. You can't let a major league pitcher get you out without throwing a pitch in the zone. They are making it too easy for them. It is tough to watch.

Gallo shows some promise and teams pitch to him very carefully. At least he gets a walk here and there. I think he would show a marked improvement with a decent hitter behind him in the lineup that would protect him a little and get him some better pitches to hit.
                    Spot on, COULD NOT AGREE MORE! Nap is just lost and Odor and Gomez show absolutely ZERO discipline at the plate right now. And when things are going bad you have to choke up on the bat and shorten your swing. Yet both of these guys just swing for the fences right now. Stinky may need a reminder and be sent back down like what he received last year to get him straightened out. Of course, that was before he received his big pay day too.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

Yup.... agreed on most of that although, like Bannister with the bullpen, the hitting coach can tell a guy he needs to layoff that crap and until he does it, no hitting coach is going to look good here. It's the old you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink adage. At some point the players need to do their part and the bats sure are doing their part.

Comment

Gallo and Maz get the night off against the lefty. Lucroy hitting clean up..

DeShields LF
                        Choo RF
                        Andrus SS
                        Lucroy C
                        Odor 2B
                        Napoli DH
                        Gomez CF
                        Rua 1B
                        Kozma 3B

Perez LHP

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                          Gallo and Maz get the night off against the lefty. Lucroy hitting clean up..

DeShields LF

Choo RF

Andrus SS

Lucroy C

Odor 2B

Napoli DH

Gomez CF

Rua 1B

Kozma 3B

Perez LHP

They have both sucked against lefties so what the heck. Hope they can getrdone and Perez doesn't Perez[emoji51]

Comment

Perez already Perezing.....but at least he kept the damage minimal

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Perez already Perezing.....but at least he kept the damage minimal

And the offense is 2017 Ranger offensing.

Comment

And base runners doing what they do too!

Comment

Working...
                                X