2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    I blame "the organization" for letting Dyson stand too close to Derek Holland for too long last year.
    No one despised Holland more than me, but since he left he has been lights out.
    We take great pitchers and make them average
    Average and make them un useable
    Ship our thrash off and it turns out to be the next best thing

I thought bush would be the guy last year, but after watching him more I don't think he's the guy (and I'm a huge fan).

I have no idea what they should do, other than not pitch dyson in less than a 49 run lead

Comment

Found when the issue with Dyson started...

..infection engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        No one despised Holland more than me, but since he left he has been lights out.
        We take great pitchers and make them average
        Average and make them un useable
        Ship our thrash off and it turns out to be the next best thing

Our hitters ballpark sure doesn't help.

Of course Holland could have got his rude awakening and changed up his goofiness and mental approach to make himself better.

Comment

I heard an interesting stat from Mike Bacsik at lunch today. The Rangers have the highest runs scored total in the Major Leagues. The Rangers' starting pitchers have the 5th best ERA in the majors. The relievers have the highest ERA in all of baseball. Soooo....wonder what the problem could possibly be?

Comment

Reading at lunch - Rangers have not won a game this year while scoring less than 8 runs. There you have it. Bombs away!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
              I heard an interesting stat from Mike Bacsik at lunch today. The Rangers have the highest runs scored total in the Major Leagues. The Rangers' starting pitchers have the 5th best ERA in the majors. The relievers have the highest ERA in all of baseball. Soooo....wonder what the problem could possibly be?
              I bet if they take out Dyson's ERA then it ain't that bad.

Comment

The boys were just talking about this on The Ticket. They capsulized what i had in my head but couldn't put into words. Yu Darvish and Cole Hamels, the "aces", need to WIN games. Whatever it takes. Leaving the game with a lead isn't good enough for those two.

Martin Perez, A.J. Griffin, and TBD can keep the club in games and leave with a lead and that's good enough.

That's what i had in my head but couldn't put into words.

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Dyson was just put on the 10 day DL (right hand contusion) and they recalled Kela.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Hand contusion"

Comment

I hope we can get it all figured out, but without help before the trade deadline (if we are even in the hunt) we don't stand a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        "Hand contusion"
                        I bet that happened when Hammels went to kick him in the taint after that last game and Dyson tried to cover up with his hand.

Comment

That's good. I'm hoping we can sweep the A's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jared Sandler‏ @SandlerJ

Matt Bush will be the team's primary closer, but you might see other guys, too. Rangers want to monitor workload. Don't expect MB in 3x (straight) games

Comment

Great AB by Gomez to start the game. 10 pitch battle and a single. Followed by an infield single for Elvis.

Go RANGERS!

Comment

Atta boy Maz! 1-0 good guys

Comment

Working...
                                X