2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    To be clear: I just made up the Beltre' for Benintendi deal. I don't think the Red Sox would consider that either. I'm just saying that's the type of talent i want back if i trade Beltre'. If some club thinks they are Adrian Beltre' away from a WS championship, AND they have the young talent to give up, that club might be willing to make that kind of deal. The opportunity for World Series Championships doesn't come along that often (Right Ranger and Astro's fans?).

My main thing is, i'd be willing to use very option to rebuild the club. Including trading Beltre', Darvish, Lucroy, Napoli, Elvis, Chirinos, etc, etc.

Nice job by Cashner last night.
    Agree with all but Chirinos, he is solid and cheap and I would expect him to be the starter next year.

Comment

Will Lucroy be back next year? I'm beginning to doubt it due to the implosion of the pitching staff. Rangers have to go get some legit starting pitching and I'm not sure they can afford to pay Lucroy. Its obvious that the Rangers starting rotation has been losing steam and headed in the wrong direction for some time now. Yu, Hammels, Perez, all subpar performers as of late. Ross, Martinez, AJ, B-D, all way too iffy to consider a part of a legit, competitive starting rotation at this point. Should get interesting.

I agree with the point above, Chirinos has been with the club for a while now, he's a hard worker, cheap, and he's proven this year that he can contribute in a significant way on an ongong basis. Another reason I'm beginning to think the Rangers will not sign Lucroy and will choose to spend money on pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
        When the Rangers are losing, it is still worth watching to see Carlos Gomez play. He is the example of someone who plays for the joy of playing. Glad the Astros players and fans treated him like c**p and he ended up with the Rangers.

Oh, sorry. That was another one of those serious posts.

Last edited by bzzboyz; 07-06-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I think Lucroy is all but gone. I really like Chirinos as well, but if he can bring a better value...

And, i think Chirinos has benefited from not being behind the plate every night. Kept him fresh. But, really, i do expect him to be back next year as the primary catcher.

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

I hope this is a new and improved Chirinos because his bat hasn't been that great in his previous years.... even platooning. Hope he's not playing over his head and we get regular Chirinos the next few years.

We tend to fall in love with players that are kicking *** for a year then turn on them when they don't match their previous year or get better. See Rougy Odor... Napoli... Lucroy...etc

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I hope this is a new and improved Chirinos because his bat hasn't been that great in his previous years.... even platooning. Hope he's not playing over his head and we get regular Chirinos the next few years.

We tend to fall in love with players that are kicking *** for a year then turn on them when they don't match their previous year or get better. See Rougy Odor... Napoli... Lucroy...etc
              I hope he's not ingesting super candy...

Comment

Beltre is not tradeable in my opinion - dont care what anyone says. He's the only em effing reason I watch this terrible excuse for a bullpen / pitching staff these days.

He is still fun to watch along with some of the young ones during their streaks.

Comment

I am ok with them trading Beltre to a contender, but only so long as it is a true contender. I absolutely love the guy, but I also want to see him win a championship before he hangs up his cleats. Thats not going to happen in Texas in the next 2-3 years.

Comment

The only guys I see being on the block are the guys on one year deals. Gomez, Cashner, Ross. Lucroy is good as gone. I think they will entertain offers on YU and Hamels but not sure much will come of it unless someone gets desperate and is willing to give up the farm.

I wouldn't be surprised if JD is a buy and a seller. Cant continue to be buyers only. Have to try to reload the farm system, its in shambles.

The ONLY way Beltre is traded is if he asks for it.
                    Last edited by cookemerkel; 07-06-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

When the Rangers are losing, it is still worth watching to see Carlos Gomez play. He is the example of someone who plays for the joy of playing. Glad the Astros players and fans treated him like c**p and he ended up with the Rangers.
                      Lmao 😂

Comment

Sorry about that, and it means you've been watching Gomez a lot...

Gomez is young, acts young, and was a disruptive distraction for the astros. The Rangers picked him up when he was sent back down to the minors when we had too many outfielders.

Comment

I think the 3,000 hit chase is a huge reason Beltre won't be traded, honestly. Not that they would be looking to do it anyway unless he asked or someone made them an offer they just couldn't refuse, but they'll want him to get as many milestones as possible here to try to get him in the HOF as a Ranger.

Comment

Must be a really raw nerve when it comes to Astros and Gomez. Sure gets the ones who frequent the Rangers thread going. I don't go on the Astros thread, but since they probably will win the division, I hope they win every game when they are not playing the Rangers. Every game they win makes it more likely the Rangers will get the wildcard spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Sorry about that, and it means you've been watching Gomez a lot...

Gomez is young, acts young, and was a disruptive distraction for the astros. The Rangers picked him up when he was sent back down to the minors when we had too many outfielders.
                              He was DFA'd.
                              Last edited by systemnt; 07-06-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Gomez has been good for the Rangers - Has filled a need.

Didnt work out for the Astros - is a decent player with the Rangers. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X