No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, if there is one silver lining to being laid out with a bad back, it is that I go to sleep too **** early to see the bullpen fail. I come on here in the am to read the results. Another disappointment last night I see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      With just an average bullpen they could very easily be 50-33. But they have a sh*tty bullpen so they're 3 under and you can't completely revamp a bullpen in the middle of a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      50 wins? .....oh, you were serious.

Comment

With just an average bullpen they could very easily be 50-33. But they have a sh*tty bullpen so they're 3 under and you can't completely revamp a bullpen in the middle of a season.

I love your continued optimism.
        True fan there.
        Kudos.
        I don't agree with the number..but it doesn't matter.
        Seriously.

Watched last half of the game last night since stros were off... I thought they gave it a helluva shot at the end..just came up short.
        *they didn't start coming back till I started watching ..so I won't be watching them anymore. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          I love your continued optimism.
          True fan there.
          Kudos.
          I don't agree with the number..but it doesn't matter.
          Seriously.

Watched last half of the game last night since stros were off... I thought they gave it a helluva shot at the end..just came up short.
          *they didn't start coming back till I started watching ..so I won't be watching them anymore. [emoji1]

You don't have to agree. It's a fact. Look at blown leads by the bullpen. It's a ridiculous amount. A decent/average bullpen has them 10 wins better easily and that's only figuring that they won about half of the games that the bullpen has given up the leads in. The blown saves in the 9th alone are nauseating.

Comment

But if my aunt had nuts.....right? Bullpen is part of it and they suck so the team sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
              50 wins? .....oh, you were serious.

Well if you can't agree with that you haven't been following very close. That's only a 10 game difference from where they're at now. Bullpen has blown way more than that.

Comment

Well if you can't agree with that you haven't been following very close. That's only a 10 game difference from where they're at now. Bullpen has blown way more than that.

I do watch. To date the Rangers have 17 blown saves and the Astros have 10. Apply your theory to both teams and if they have "zero" blown saves (which is near impossible) and you are correct they have over 50 wins but they're still 9-1/2 games back.

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                  I do watch. To date the Rangers have 17 blown saves and the Astros have 10. Apply your theory to both teams and if they have "zero" blown saves (which is near impossible) and you are correct they have over 50 wins but they're still 9-1/2 games back.

I thought the Astros only had 8 blown saves. Even if they had 10 their bullpen isn't that good either and that's still 7 less than the Rangers. The Astros bullpen ERA is steadily on the rise. Could be their downfall in the post season.

Comment

Whole lotta teams certainly hoping that's the case. Of course, this time of year...everyone else's bullpens aren't exactly getting healthier..so there's that.
                    Guess that's why they play the games.

Comment

I thought the Astros only had 8 blown saves. Even if they had 10 their bullpen isn't that good either and that's still 7 less than the Rangers. The Astros bullpen ERA is steadily on the rise. Could be their downfall in the post season.

Their bullpen has the 5th best save % in the league and is a fraction of a percentage from being the 3rd best. I would say their bullpen is doing just fine especially given the injury troubles to the starters. A starter going more than 5 innings has been nearly no existent for the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Their bullpen has the 5th best save % in the league and is a fraction of a percentage from being the 3rd best. I would say their bullpen is doing just fine especially given the injury troubles to the starters. A starter going more than 5 innings has been nearly no existent for the past month.

Well ok then guess their bullpen is doing ok in the save category. My only point was that the Rangers bullpen sucks and if they were only average this team could legitimately be 10 games better. At least 7 or 8. That would put them at the top of the wildcard race.

I never implied that if only the Rangers never blew a save or lost a lead. That was just something that the other 2 Astro guys inserted. Of course teams are going to lose leads and blow saves, but the Rangers have been really good at it this year.

Comment

Well ok then guess their bullpen is doing ok in the save category. My only point was that the Rangers bullpen sucks and if they were only average this team could legitimately be 10 games better. At least 7 or 8. That would put them at the top of the wildcard race.

I never implied that if only the Rangers never blew a save or lost a lead. That was just something that the other 2 Astro guys inserted. Of course teams are going to lose leads and blow saves, but the Rangers have been really good at it this year.

I didnt imply that you were implying any of that either. Just stating the facts about the Astros BP since they were brought into it.

Regarding the Rangers BP, yes they suck. They rank dead last by a large margin in save%.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            I didnt imply that you were implying any of that either. Just stating the facts about the Astros BP since they were brought into it.

Regarding the Rangers BP, yes they suck. They rank dead last by a large margin in save%.:eek:
                            Yea, but they can't pitch. Those guys should not be blamed for being put in situations where they have no chance of success. These guys should be selling insurance, plumbing, etc.

Comment

Darvish looking every bit the ranger pitcher so far. A dbl and 3 singles in the 2nd and down 2 to nothing so far.

Comment

Someone let me know when they are ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X