No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rangers are a really good team but they have regressed back to the mean this season. They were 36 - 11 in one run games last year and they are 6 - 12 this year.

Similar to the stros this year. They are playing way above the mean, they just went 7-3 in the last 10 games when only one their starter threw 6 innings. They were last in the league in a lot of the pitching statistics over the last 10 games.

In the end the numbers always end up where they should. Why don't Y'all go ahead and send us Yu and start yalls rebuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure we want Yu.
      From this thread hes awesome, he sucks, he'll be ok, he's frail, hes better, hes a china doll, he's awesome again, he sucks again...
      We have one or two of those already...

Comment

I'm thinking about putting my boys in select ball so they can play for the rangers one day and bring us all the championship we deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Not sure we want Yu.

From this thread hes awesome, he sucks, he'll be ok, he's frail, hes better, hes a china doll, he's awesome again, he sucks again...

Lol yea I was just throwing out there for them to have a ray of hope from the prospects we'd send

Comment

Not sure we want Yu.
            Yu is absolutely maddening. Good Yu is nearly unbeatable. Mediocre Yu doesn't give a rats arse. Bad Yu is bullheaded and easily beaten. All three live in the same body. He's the "Cybill" of MLB pitching.

Staff stopper AB-D to the hill tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
              The Rangers are a really good team but they have regressed back to the mean this season. They were 36 - 11 in one run games last year and they are 6 - 12 this year.

Similar to the stros this year. They are playing way above the mean, they just went 7-3 in the last 10 games when only one their starter threw 6 innings. They were last in the league in a lot of the pitching statistics over the last 10 games.

In the end the numbers always end up where they should. Why don't Y'all go ahead and send us Yu and start yalls rebuilding

Unfortunately, the Rangers are not a really good team.

Comment

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Not sure we want Yu.

Sounds like Astros threads the last 5 years..[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Sounds like Astros threads the last 5 years..
                  Probably sounds like every teams threads the last 5 years..

Comment

Rangers---------the original farm team. Always has been and always will be.
                    So sad! What could have been and then along comes Daniels. The rest is history.
                    So very very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Yu is absolutely maddening. Good Yu is nearly unbeatable. Mediocre Yu doesn't give a rats arse. Bad Yu is bullheaded and easily beaten. All three live in the same body. He's the "Cybill" of MLB pitching.

Staff stopper AB-D to the hill tonight.

Agreed to a point. In his defense, good Yu is so good we get ****** when he loses 3-1 because he allowed 3 runs. Of course the anemic offense puts up 1 run for him against a hack with a 6 ERA that adds fuel to that fire. On the flip side and it is rare folks unload on him. I guess everybody has a bad day. Even Pitching Jesus Keuchel.[emoji23][emoji23]

The only thing that really ****** me off with him are all the little swollen labia injuries... seems like every start he has some kind of tightness, hangnail or virginia soreness that is reported.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        So very very sad.
                        you cant be serious

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          So very very sad.
                          What we have here is a world class winder likker folks. Mark it down and remember it. It's not the first time either on a whole host of other subjects. Senile is no way to go through life..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Agreed to a point. In his defense, good Yu is so good we get ****** when he loses 3-1 because he allowed 3 runs. Of course the anemic offense puts up 1 run for him against a hack with a 6 ERA that adds fuel to that fire. On the flip side and it is rare folks unload on him. I guess everybody has a bad day. Even Pitching Jesus Keuchel.[emoji23][emoji23]

The only thing that really ****** me off with him are all the little swollen labia injuries... seems like every start he has some kind of tightness, hangnail or virginia soreness that is reported.
                            Mid-season candidate for "Observation of the Season". Totally agree. The other, totally non-pitching related, issue i have is his communication. I don't really care much if a player speaks to reporters and / or fans. But the "through an interpreter" deal really bugs me. He clearly talks to his teammates on the bench and in the field without an interpreter. He can speak english well enough. If Odor, Mazara, heck even Pudge Rodriguez, can do it, so can Yu. Not a big deal, but it does bug me.

I don't know what's going to happen with the guy. But, i think i'd rather the club keep him. Mainly on the theory that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. There's a theory that having Yu helps the Rangers get Otani, who i know not one thing about. But, supposedly Otani is the best baseball player walking the earth. We'll see...

Comment

Derek the Dutch Oven Holland going for Chi Sox tonight. It'd be just like that knucklehead to throw a perfect game.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Derek the Dutch Oven Holland going for Chi Sox tonight. It'd be just like that knucklehead to throw a perfect game.
                                Oh hell....that will just add insult to injury if he beats us..

Comment

Working...
                                X