No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some rainwater saved from the storms that came through this morning. Everbody got a little drink a little bit ago.

Comment

Thank you Lord! We dodged a major bullet with the rain this time around! Only got a little rain, probably less than a 1/4".
      My bride was so excited! She's got 4 or 5 small tomatoes, and a couple squash... Her stuff would take of right now if it could just get a break from the rain!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6526.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	24490856

Name:	IMG_6529.JPG
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	24490857

A couple apples...

Name:	IMG_6530.JPG
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	24490858

Oh yea, BERRIES!!! Had our first Dewberry Cobbler and BlueBell tonight... Live is good!

Name:	IMG_6534.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	24490855

Comment

Made me giggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Decker Prairie Garden

Here is mine.

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	24490871

Name:	IMG_0121.JPG
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	24490872

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	24490873

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	24490874

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	24490875

Name:	IMG_0125.JPG
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	24490876

Name:	IMG_0126.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	24490877

Comment

WOW, when did you start that thing?!! My bride hasn't even been able to plant corn/peas yet... too dang wet!
            That looks great!
            What's covered up?

Comment

Wow, you got an early start. I used to do that, but got tired of covering stuff up, and babying my plants. Now I try and stretch out my hunting season as longggggg as it stays cool.

Comment

This was the year to get an early start if you where going to try it though as warm as it's been.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  This was the year to get an early start if you where going to try it though as warm as it's been.

I planted early February for the past two years. The Almanac has been good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are you guys doing/using to kill off cucumber beetles? I've been catching and smashing what I can find, but it's not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBarn View Post
                      What are you guys doing/using to kill off cucumber beetles? I've been catching and smashing what I can find, but it's not enough.
                      Dish soap, little cayenne and vinegar with a bit of water will work but doesn't stick around for a super long time.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        Dish soap, little cayenne and vinegar with a bit of water will work but doesn't stick around for a super long time.
                        Thanks! I'll try that.

Comment

garden

I started planting in February. The cover with the hoops is over squash, this prevents squash vine borers, the other is cucumbers to keep off the beetles until they get going good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                            I started planting in February. The cover with the hoops is over squash, this prevents squash vine borers, the other is cucumbers to keep off the beetles until they get going good.
                            Is that cloth or plastic? I need to show this to my wife... She's about to replant squash... Her big problem as I've posted on this thread is mostly too much water!! But something hit her squash last year right after they started bearing and pretty much wiped her out...

Comment

Getting covered up in snow again.

Comment

Put in some French Merigolds and heading to get some more attractors this afternoon to try and bring some more pollinators into the garden. Having to add more compost and nutrients with all this rain

Comment

Working...
                                X