No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We put all of our seeds in Thursday and we got a **** floater today. Hope they didn't wash out.

Comment

We had a major hail storm hit the house, but it looks like most of the plants made it. We will need an insurance adjuster to check out the roof... it was baseball sized hail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This Spring is shaping up to be just like last year, very wet. Makes me thankful to The Creator for the Back to Eden gardening method! Ours is thriving.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          We had a major hail storm hit the house, but it looks like most of the plants made it. We will need an insurance adjuster to check out the roof... it was baseball sized hail.

Good Grief!! Those suckers would take out a full grown tree!! Don't know how your garden survived that!

Comment

Well I can't upload pics for some reason.

Got my seeds in and planted the greenhouse all from seed. Got tomatos, squash, cucumbers, lettuce mix, carrots, beers, radishes, peas and spinach put in. Even with snow around the house still gets up in the 80-90s.

Comment

Here are some of my current pics:

Cherokee Purple

Poblano

Mr. Stripey

Jalapeños

Rosemary, mixed lettuce, chives

I just built this (snagged some tore down fence to upcycle), for some more room
              Last edited by Bigyummy77; 03-27-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I'm interested to see how those Cherokee purples do. I've tried them multiple time with negative results.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                  Well I can't upload pics for some reason.

Got my seeds in and planted the greenhouse all from seed. Got tomatos, squash, cucumbers, lettuce mix, carrots, beers, radishes, peas and spinach put in. Even with snow around the house still gets up in the 80-90s.
                  If those grow well and produce, you'll be a RICH MAN!! ...maybe you meant BEETS?

Comment

I've got cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, green beans for days, bell peppers, and okra planted. I expanded after I originally started my garden.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      If those grow well and produce, you'll be a RICH MAN!! ...maybe you meant BEETS?
                      No I meant beers. You plant the bottle caps and they come right up.

Ha yea Detroit red and golden beets

Comment

I'm interested to see how those Cherokee purples do. I've tried them multiple time with negative results.
                        What problems did you have? I've heard they can be difficult. I'll keep updating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple years ago when we had a moderately mild summer we had a great harvest of them and they were delicious! Since then I haven't had any success, either too wet or too hot. Last 2 years got lots of blooms but only 2-3 tomatoes and that was late in the season.

I've got one in the ground now and am hoping for a decent year weather wise. Zucchini has its first couple blossoms as does the poblano

Comment

Wow i will post pics tomorrow. ..but I added 300 red wiggler worms to my raised bed onion garden....and a month later these things look crazy big. Ordered from Uncle Jims Worm farm online. Believer in the benefits of worms. My gardens are "back to eden" gardens by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              A couple years ago when we had a moderately mild summer we had a great harvest of them and they were delicious! Since then I haven't had any success, either too wet or too hot. Last 2 years got lots of blooms but only 2-3 tomatoes and that was late in the season.

I've got one in the ground now and am hoping for a decent year weather wise. Zucchini has its first couple blossoms as does the poblano
                              What I have done to help with that is plant cheap $.99 marigolds or something in with the tomatoes to help bring in the pollinaters. Add some color around you tomatoes.

Comment

Finally got some stuff in. Some carrot seeds planted too. Never have done carrots, wondering if I should've planted earlier. Will round out the box to in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X