No announcement yet.

Gas fire place vs. wood fireplace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas inside, wood burning with gas to start it up outside. Love that gas to just blaze away on a cold log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old school for me

Comment

Our pellet stove outs out a lot of heat. Need access to buy pellets and it's normally cheaper if you buy them where you got your stove. It runs all winter and I clean the ashpan out twice a year. Burns clean.

Comment

Like it has been stated already, wood seems to create heat much better than gas. I have had both and nothing like good orange coals to heat up the front half of house. Actually have that as I type this.

But, in my opinion you should have the gas line ran for these reasons.
          1. Nice to have an option.
          2. You may change your mind later.
          3. Added resale value, if it’s of concern.
          4. Way easier to run that stuff during rough-in than later down the road.

Good luck.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jscott1112 View Post
            Our pellet stove outs out a lot of heat. Need access to buy pellets and it's normally cheaper if you buy them where you got your stove. It runs all winter and I clean the ashpan out twice a year. Burns clean.
            This is the road I am going down. A Pellet stove.
            I am tired of cutting, dragging, cutting again, splitting, stacking and carrying wood into the house. The wood stove keeps the place warm for 4-5 hours then you have to wake up to put more wood in the stove. Restless nights of sleep. A Pellet stove will keep the temp what you set it at and the hopper can be fed with a few days worth of pellets. Sleeping through the night. They burn clean, extremely little ash, and a small vent is needed. Nothing like a chimney needs. Each trip in the house with wood you carry is 4 hours worth of heat. A Bag of pellets in same trip can keep you warm for 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              This is the road I am going down. A Pellet stove.
              I am tired of cutting, dragging, cutting again, splitting, stacking and carrying wood into the house. The wood stove keeps the place warm for 4-5 hours then you have to wake up to put more wood in the stove. Restless nights of sleep. A Pellet stove will keep the temp what you set it at and the hopper can be fed with a few days worth of pellets. Sleeping through the night. They burn clean, extremely little ash, and a small vent is needed. Nothing like a chimney needs. Each trip in the house with wood you carry is 4 hours worth of heat. A Bag of pellets in same trip can keep you warm for 2 days.
              Only when it's below 25 does a bag last just one night. Of course it depends on how much square feet you have. I have free access to all the oak I want on our land but I prefer the simplicity of the pellet stove.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Gas log system here. Love BBQ and grill smoke but don't like my entire house smelling like it.

Love the ease of use.... love that my wife can start it up when I am going out of town or at the lease. We use it to add a little extra warmth in the living room where we sit and it does that fine. We are not dependent on it solely for heat or it would be a real wood fire. It is just an atmosphere add and a supplement to our heat now.

Comment

We have a gas fireplace in our house but it doesn't work...haven't been able to find anyone to work on it...not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any recommendations on a contractor to work on one? I'm near Corsicana. Thanks

Comment

Mines gas with a remote thermostat. Super clean, easy, and puts off plenty of heat. I’ll never go back to wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SMUMan02 View Post
                      I have a gas starter, but it burns wood. Ours is not much for heat, but I like the way is smells and I like having it burning. I don't know if I would ever use a gas one.

Yep...same at my hut.

Comment

Gas start -wood to burn- with a blower fan inside. I turn on the heat when I get home from work and start a fire. I run the heater for one cycle and wood takes over for the rest of the evening and night.

Comment

Gas is better, but I have a wood one now....Loved my gas one in College Station

Comment

Working...
                          X