No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a deload chest and tri workout. Light weight for sets if 10.

BB bench 5×10
    Hammer Strength Super Incline 5x10
    Close grip EZ Bar push downs 5x12
    Single arm overhead cable kick backs with rope 4x12
    Oblique work on Freestyle machine with overhead static kettle bell hold before oblique rotations 3x10. KB hold 10 sec each.

Comment

Deload leg day.

Snatch grip dead lifts 5x5
      Front squats 5x5
      Leg press 5x10
      Laying leg curls/Toe presses on the leg press machine 5x10/5x15
      Seated leg curls/seated calve raises 5x10/ 5x15

The mental aspect of this work out was tough. Having to hold back and realize why you're doing a deload weak is a weird feeling.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Forgot to post but.......legs on Tuesday and back on Wednesday. I wade fished from before daylight to nearly dark yesterday. Im beat and need a recovery day today.

Comment

Did shoulder and arm deload day 2 days ago. Today hit 4x8 supersets chest and back.

bb row/Hammer Strength incline
          single arm cable rows/Hammer strength decline
          Lat pull downs/Cable flyes

Finished off with some speed runs on trap bar farmer carries at 2 plates each side x 30 yards and some lower ab work.

Comment

Mhm, I've been slacking big time. Busted open my hand over the weekend, too. And just when i thought it had healed enough for me to go back in. I got in two days of legs and abs last week before heading to the lease Thursday. I haven't felt motivated the past tow days. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Monday was cardio and chest, today was back and core. Tomorrow will be some sort of circuit. Im just trying to stay where Im at through the end of the year/deer season. Then it will be game on after that. New goals to achieve.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I made it in today. My hand has finally healed enough to use it without fear of breaking it open. I busted it open at the deer lease a week and a half ago and its just now closed up enough that I'm comfortable using it.

Today was back and legs. Kept it kinda light since I've been out for about 2.5 weeks. Low row/leg extension, incline leg press with sled/body weight pullups, back squat/neutral grip pullups.

Probably chest and hamstrings tomorrow.

Comment

1 mile warm up, chest and then core. 1 hr 45 total workout.

Comment

I'm feeling better now that I'm back in the gym. Anyone ever wonder why you feel like $H!T when you haven't been to the gym in awhile? Anyways, today was going to be chest and hamstrings, but wound up being a chest day only. Flat bench, Incline bench, seated wide grip press, cable fly, pushups. Tomorrow may be a legs only day.

Comment

Ate like crap the last week.....

Still been at it in the gym though. Have maybe missed 1 day since my last post.

New PB on bench today which was awesome.

Comment

Box squats - 4x3
                          Trap bar deads - 4x5
                          Leg Press - 4-15
                          Seated leg curls - 5x10 with concentration on the negative.
                          Attempted lying leg curls but hammies were blown after seated.
                          Leg Press calve's - 5x15

Comment

Dadgum I'm sore!

I knew it was gonna happen. DOMS is a BIATCH! I've made it every day this week. Yesterday was a heavy leg day (I'm regretting THAT!) Front squats, leg extensions, seated incline leg press, calf raises, incline leg raises and ab roller.

Today was back and triceps. Super set seated row/dips, cable press down (proanated/supinated)/ring pullups, overhead rope extensions/plank rows on smith machine, incline leg raises/hanging leg raises.

Advil is my friend.

Comment

Skipped the gym the previous 2 days as I made trips to the lease both afternoons

This am was bi’s and tri’s and mixed in some 20 second circuits (ex: ez bar curls, hammer curls, triceps push downs, tri overhead ext all x 20 seconds non stop) followed by a 30 second rest and done a total of 3 times.

Holy crap.... the 3 different circuits I did destroyed my arms. Also mixed in 3 super sets after.

Great pump
                              Last edited by 150class; 11-30-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Stronglifts 5x5 is a great beginners program

Comment

Working...
                                X