New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A light day today...

my hyperextended elbow injury prevents me from going heavy so I kept it kinda light today with higher reps than usual. Superset chest and biceps. Bench press/barbell curls, seated wide grip press/preacher curls/hanging leg raises, pec deck/overhead cable curls/ab roller, pushups to failure/crunches.

Tomorrow is supposed to be back and triceps, but I'm not sure how much the elbow can handle. We shall see.

Comment

Well.....

left elbow didn't do too bad today. I was concerned since it was back and tricep day. Low row/dips, wide grip pullups/skull crushers/incline leg raises, overhead rope extensions/plank rows on smith machine, hanging leg raises.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Squat day today. Increased the volume and weight. Finished off with db stiff leg dead for hammies.

Comment

I worked all weekend and was darn tired yesterday evening, but I made it in today. Back and legs 5X8 supersets. Seated row/leg extensions, narrow grip pullups/hack squat/calf raises, plank pullups/goblet squat/incline leg raise, supinated grip wide rows/cable rotations.

Tomorrow will be hams and shoulders

Comment

I started out the year strong and dropped from 252 down to 209 by June primarily eating Keto. I got real busy over the summer and lazy. I want eating as clean and put on about 10 pounds in the past two months.

The past two weeks I've been on point with eating and pretty much have my workouts dialed in.

Sunday is a light workout with 3x8 pull-ups using a resistance band for assistance, 3x1 minute sets with a jump rope then a 1-2 mile run.
            MWF is a circuit workout with my wife's group called Fit4Mom, it's weird being the only guy there and taking turns pushing the stroller but it's a heck of a work out!
            TTH is lifting in the gym or KB's in the garage at home finished with a 1-2 mile run at night.

I sleep like a baby every night and feel better each day! The hardest part is dealing with not seeing immediate results. I know at this pace I will see results but like many others I'm sure, I want to get on the scale and see change immediately.

Comment

I'm on keto right now as well bit not as strict. When I'm off, I enjoy myself. A beverage here and there. Then back on keto. I'll get strict come next yrs cutting season.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                I started out the year strong and dropped from 252 down to 209 by June primarily eating Keto. I got real busy over the summer and lazy. I want eating as clean and put on about 10 pounds in the past two months.

The past two weeks I've been on point with eating and pretty much have my workouts dialed in.

Sunday is a light workout with 3x8 pull-ups using a resistance band for assistance, 3x1 minute sets with a jump rope then a 1-2 mile run.
                MWF is a circuit workout with my wife's group called Fit4Mom, it's weird being the only guy there and taking turns pushing the stroller but it's a heck of a work out!
                TTH is lifting in the gym or KB's in the garage at home finished with a 1-2 mile run at night.

I sleep like a baby every night and feel better each day! The hardest part is dealing with not seeing immediate results. I know at this pace I will see results but like many others I'm sure, I want to get on the scale and see change immediately.
                I started eating cleaner...more veggies, fruit, less carbs and was doing real well until Harvey. You don't get fed very well during disaster response. Waaayyy too many carbs and i felt horrible. I'm getting back at it though. It won't be completely keto, but it's something I can live with and maybe cut a little BF off.

Comment

back at it this AM. Shoulders and hamstrings. Lateral raise/prone leg curl, deadlift/incline front raises/incline leg raise, rear delt cable pulls/hanging leg raises. Back and hip was a little sore this AM so I took it kinda light on the deadlifts.

Tomorrow is chest and biceps.

Comment

Shoulders and back day after dental filling.woohoo

Comment

Had one killer shoulder/back session. Did my usually super set routine wide grip pull ups / Standing BB OHP, close grip pull ups / Z - Press and DB press with BB row. It rely zapped me good.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Over the past few weeks I've been designing a workout to give people ( like myself now) a better workout with less risk of injury or reinjury. And it all came together on mondays chest and Tuesday back! Holy geezzzz. I'm actually sore,pumped and feel like I accomplished something

I'm no bs in the gym. Get in, kick my @$$, cardio... done. I don't talk, phone, break more than 45sec-1 min. But since injuring my shoulder and rehabilitation I can't lift enough to get the job done without risking injury.

So I compiled some lifts in a reverse order to pre fatigue the muscle with single joint lifts so that any compound lift wouldn't require 1/2 the weight to get the job done. But also added super sets to keep muscle fatigue and pump. And drop set on final.

The workouts so far have lasted 25-30 min plus 25-30 cardio.

Chest:

3 super sets of 15, drop set on 3rd
                        1.cable crossover ( don't bother my shoulders at all)
                        2. Dumbbell press ( these before injury would've been 90's... now 40's. BUT chest actually gives out before shoulder pain stops me)

3 giant sets

1. Machine press 3/4 range of motion. Keeping all tension in the chest
                        2. Incline machine press slow and only working bottom 3/4 of range. Keep chest under tension NOT triceps.
                        3. Svend press after fail, flex/pose chest as hard as possible 20 sec

Done!

Looking for a new routine or I my shoes? Try it and give me what you would change. I'll post back later. I can still feel it swelling so I know I gave my lats a beating!
                        Have you had your shoulder issue formally diagnosed?

Comment

I had work get in the way of my workout. Now I can't seem to get back motivation. Still eating pretty good and getting a little cardio here and there getting ready for Saturday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Logged my first 3 miles since leaving the Marine Corps a decade ago. I’ve got a long way to go to get back to my 6:30 minute mile pace but I’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skipped today for a conference in SA. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Im baaaaack. It has been 3 weeks since the last workout due to the trip to Europe. Man they have great beer, bread and cheese over there. Not to mention some absolutely beautiful women. I was walking 7-10 miles a day so at least I got that in. Today I just tried to hit a little bit of everything to get back in the swing of things. Total workout about 1hr 20min. I was dragging *** but I got it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X