New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't make it yesterday.

Made it this morning and did arms and back.

Still feel awful and felt like I almost passed out during the end of the work out. Having trouble eating anything so at least that's offsetting the no working out situation lol

Comment

Leg Day

Conventional Deadlift
      Front squats
      Leg press
      Seated leg curls
      Romanian deadlifts
      Calve presses

Post workout recovery beverage.........Shiner Oktoberfest

Prosit!

Comment

Killed it today. Was trying to decide between my shoulder exercise and legs. Said screw it and did both. So 22 minutes cardio, shoulders, traps, legs and 12 minutes of stretching. All in all, right at 2.5 hours non stop in the gym today. Repped 3 sets of 10 @ 405 on the leg press machine today after several warm up sets. Still had more in the tank so going to see if I can hit 500 next time. I know 455 should be a given. I know that probably isnt much for you big boys but it is progress for me. Feel great and cant wait to get in there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Killed it today. Was trying to decide between my shoulder exercise and legs. Said screw it and did both. So 22 minutes cardio, shoulders, traps, legs and 12 minutes of stretching. All in all, right at 2.5 hours non stop in the gym today. Repped 3 sets of 10 @ 405 on the leg press machine today after several warm up sets. Still had more in the tank so going to see if I can hit 500 next time. I know 455 should be a given. I know that probably isnt much for you big boys but it is progress for me. Feel great and cant wait to get in there tomorrow.

Keep on progressing. Good job and keep it up.

Comment

Worked on my camper cover all day. Backfilled 350' of trench. Dug another ditch for underground conduit. Ran all conduit, finished 100% of plumbing. And installed breaker box and rv 50 amp box. Good lord it was hot. I'm smashed.

Comment

Today is the final day of P90X and it's just the yoga workout. Rest day tomorrow then back at it Tuesday. I've figured out what I'm going to start next and it's pretty simple, but should be a good routine to get ready for elk hunting in 2018. 3 days a week rucking and 3 days strength training. I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with rucking, but if not it's pretty much just walking with a weighted pack. I've played around a little bit with it this week already, 3 days I walked 3 miles with a 20 lb pack. Next week I'll up it to 4 miles, then just keep increasing distance and weight. Only thing is it's pretty flat here, so nothing like it's gonna be in the mountains.

Comment

Finally feeling better today

Took the pups for a 2 mile stroll through the park now killing legs at the guy

Comment

Crm....

To get ready for my Dall Sheep hunt back in '95, I was loading my pack up with 75 lbs. of lead shot and heading to the football stadium. Up and down the bleachers. It really helped me a lot but it still didn't match the altitude I was hunting at. You might wanna give that a try.

Comment

You may also want to look into one of those altitude training masks. Get your body used to working with limited oxygen.

I hit it hard again today. 2 plus hours, 25 minutes cardio, 12 minutes of stretching, biceps, triceps and abs today.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      To get ready for my Dall Sheep hunt back in '95, I was loading my pack up with 75 lbs. of lead shot and heading to the football stadium. Up and down the bleachers. It really helped me a lot but it still didn't match the altitude I was hunting at. You might wanna give that a try.
                      Good idea!! I live 5 minutes from the football field so that'd be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        You may also want to look into one of those altitude training masks. Get your body used to working with limited oxygen.

I hit it hard again today. 2 plus hours, 25 minutes cardio, 12 minutes of stretching, biceps, triceps and abs today.
                        I thought about that too. I have a buddy that has a mask already so I may see about using his.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with rucking, but if not it's pretty much just walking with a weighted pack.
                          I think I've heard of it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I think I've heard of it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                            LOL you may have!!

Comment

Good morning today...

legs, abs and back. 5X5 supersets and a little extra rep or two when I could. Leg extension/seated long bar rows, hack squat/wide grip pullups/hanging leg raises, seated rows supinated grip/calf raises/front squats, weighted crunches.

Tomorrow is hamstrings and chest.

Comment

Chest and triceps.

Started on the last phase of this program today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X